Our Equipment over the years...

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by PR0 TURF, Dec 23, 2008.

1. grassman177

grassman177 LawnSite Fanatic

done that, and still do to a degree, but now only work average of 65 hrs a week!!!!:laugh:

loving the slower life too.
  2. P.Services

P.Services LawnSite Fanatic

In all seriousness a 40 hour week in the summer is close to a vacation. That's what a half day of school was like back in the day, just enough to show up for but not enough to get anything serious done.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  3. merrimacmill

merrimacmill LawnSite Senior Member

Very true. I'm in about the same boat over here. I'm only 4 years into it now and went from one truck, mower, and a 5x8 trailer to a whole fleet of equipment. But in the process, I've just lived the business and that was it. I went from a group of friends, to just a couple and one of which I work with. I can imagine spending and have spent 50,000 dollars on a piece of equipment several times to make money, but I cannot imagine spending that on a car or boat or anything fun yet. I just don't think I'm there yet.
  4. cat320

cat320 LawnSite Senior Member

I don't think there is ever a time where you get there to be honest i have a couple of friends they started out doing seal coating with a pickup and trailer mounted tank now then they did crack filling then bridge joints now they are doing paveing. and everytime i go to see them there equipment arsonal gets bigger and bigger. they even have a machine that does resurfacing that used the emalision and stonedust the machine cost half a million dollars. in bussiness your either small or your big there is just no in between unless your in a nitch bussiness where there are few .
    So when you say your not ready to get a toy your right but your wrong because you never know what the next day will bring they keep getting bigger my friends they do work hard at it but they also play too you need to all work is no good for anyone. I'm not saying to have to go out and buy a 50 ft boat lol
  5. Graveslawncare

Graveslawncare LawnSite Senior Member

I 100% agree with you guys. If I could go back I would have blown my business up while I was still living at home. Money piled up so much quicker back then. I Also would have invested a ton more in my business before I got married. Now all I want to do is put money into my business and my wife complains about how I'm "spending all our money" :hammerhead::hammerhead::hammerhead: Drives me up the wall and makes it even harder for me to get things accomplished. If I had had 3 or 4 trucks and a ton of equipment and a huge client base before we had gotten married, she wouldn't have been able to complain so much. O well, live and learn. But I totally agree, the more you can reinvest, the better. Just so long as you are always getting a return on that investment.

Conversely you SHOULD play at least a little bit.....and I'm not saying go buy a 50 foot boat either.....I'm saying rent one lol
  6. Kleen Kutz

Kleen Kutz LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Ama,La

Man that's really nice. I love your set up. Thanks to God for the blessing!!! I rejoice with you!!! What did you do to get so big like that? Any advice for me that can help me in the long run? Thx
  7. Kleen Kutz

Kleen Kutz LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Ama,La

What did you do to get more business commercial and home owners?
  8. P.Services

P.Services LawnSite Fanatic

i highly doubt that you read all 100 pages because its loaded with info on how he did it and loaded with great advice from everyone. Its not just a picture book to glimps at, its a novel. Read his thread, ETW'S thread and Rock Water Farms thread.
  9. jeffslawnservice

jeffslawnservice LawnSite Senior Member

Ditto, the threads you have mentioned, and a few others are loaded with info. But the key thing is to almost not look at the pictures, sure its nice to look at picture of ten trucks all lined up and clean and think I want that, but the only way you are going to get there is work and knowledge, knowledge that you can gain from reading those threads.
  10. newjerseylandscaping

newjerseylandscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

can someone post a link to Rock Water Farms thread.? please i looked searched and could not find