Our Equipment over the years...

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by PR0 TURF, Dec 23, 2008.

1. PR0 TURF

PR0 TURF LawnSite Bronze Member

The old one is sold. Supposed to be picked up this week...I'm not looking forward to parting ways with it.
    :cry:

2. PR0 TURF

PR0 TURF LawnSite Bronze Member

Terraman...I love hearing that you enjoy the thread...I learn alot on here too...I definitely enjoy it as well.

As far as our bark blower...I do wish it was bigger. Our productivity is slowed when we have to stop after 10 yards & go back to our yard to get another 10 yards. I would love to have a 20 yard machine...but beggars can't be choosers! The 10 yard machine is great for us at this time. It's a nice step up from the trailer mounted ones...but still not TOO big. Great size for a smaller company like ourselves. Eventually we will get a larger machine, but that won't be for quite a while. We are currently subbing out for a few local landscapers, not a ton of subbing, but enough to keep the machine busy here & there.

I'm still itching for MORE SNOW!! I'm not ready to get back to the landscaping just yet... :cool2:

3. deere615

deere615 LawnSite Fanatic

Me too although it was 65 here today and I was in a t-shirt. no real snow in the next 10days either

4. cat320

cat320 LawnSite Senior Member

tanker endorsment is easy much easier than the hazmat one.

5. DaytonBioLawns

DaytonBioLawns Banned

Dang.... I was lurkin' on that for a while lol.... I even showed my investor.

If it doesn't work out I know what I can get for it lol..... I got it cleared with the treasurer and CEO to expense a machine and they gave me the ability to get a check for something like this.

Oh well... I have no clue how I would've made my money back quickly since I'm consumed with my landscape supply business' progress right now.

I'm excited to see more of your stuff. I'm 18 and I'm working on something like that. I love looking through your pictures. Hopefully some day I will have a thread like this :laugh:

have a good one man. Let us know about your new machine once you get it in the field.

6. terraman21

terraman21 LawnSite Member
    from ohio

Proturf,
    Are you able to load onsite ever? With our 705 we load our truck and machine can bring over 17 with us then if need more its either delivered or we have a driver run loads from the yard, are you able to load onsite or is the machine to high?
    I agree and disagree we have had our best year ever for snow, and inturn I didn't really sleep in december or jan. Lol but we are scheduled to start mulchin the 3rd of march so I will be ok with no more snow but hey just means more money
    How many guys do you have on staff full and part time?
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. grassman177

grassman177 LawnSite Fanatic

dude, that us just funny:laugh:

8. P.Services

P.Services LawnSite Fanatic

Daytonbiolawns, you MUST have a 1,000 hgallon hydro seeder if your going to run a supply center. You rent it out for 200 a day and then they buy the seed,mulch,fert and tackifier from you. Those supplies are how you make money and the 200 dollar rental just pays for the machine but doesn't make you rich. I wouldn't have a supply yard without a small rental department. Things like a walkbehind skidsteer,ball cart, paver saw, compactors, mini excavtor is a good one, skidsteer, stump grinder and even a one ton dump would make some serious money for you.
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. DaytonBioLawns

DaytonBioLawns Banned

That's what I thought I would use it for...with the exception of a few jobs I've got leads on for my maint. stuff.

I just can't expense a large rental dept. at this point. I will be running mulch and salt supply out of a shed basically until I can get enough stuff in order lol.....but it is a start. If projections and the start of sales start out well I may buy that building sooner than thought.

I have a strict business plan to stick to....and sadly I have to play mulch dumby in a shed until I really build a business.

I could honestly be selling power equipment and installing plows and such right now but it isn't smart to jump head over heels into that. I really did want his machine after seeing the videos lol....they did the speaking for him! I need to get the distributor network and cash flow so that I don't end up on my *** because someone yanked a line of credit on me.

10. newjerseylandscaping

newjerseylandscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

If you can rent out a truck to like a 150 with a long bed. put the companys infor such as So and so rentals. Then when they buy the mulch you can load it into the truck and they can rent the truck for 50 an hour with a 1 hour min. just like HD.