Our Equipment over the years...

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by PR0 TURF, Dec 23, 2008.

1. DaytonBioLawns

DaytonBioLawns Banned

I was thinking about doing that with my F250 if I don't sell it or trade it lol.... It would be a good way to get things going.....

I was thinking about just getting a truck like lowes rents out and doing that. And also renting dump trailers (and selling them lol)...

I have big plans and hopefully they will end up putting me in a position to have a thread like this!.... oh well I can dream lol.

2. Dotens

Dotens Banned

Just curious if you have such a big seeder what do you do when you get a call for a small residential job between 5 and 10 thousand sq ft?

3. PR0 TURF

PR0 TURF LawnSite Bronze Member

We can load on site with our Bobcat...it's just tall enough since it's an A300, I don't think we could with a smaller S185 sized machine.

Starting to mulch on March 3rd...daamn...you guys don't waste any time!!

We have 4 full time year round. In season we have closer to 10 full time, this season probably slightly more.

4. terraman21

terraman21 LawnSite Member
    from ohio

Proturf,
    Sounds like you don't like loading onsite??
    Yeah we are located in akron, ohio aka northeast ohio so we start in southern ohio in Cincinnati and worl our way north to columbus then by april we are back in akron we have over 2000 yards to do in columbus and cincinnati before we put a single yard in akron. It exstense our season by over a month so its nice plus the Finn factory is located in cincinnati so incase any problems we are right there.
    Are you still able to go out and work or are you more in the office and doing estimates? If you still are what's your favorite thing to do out in the field?
    They are callin for snow here tonight so we will see
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. jrmikka

jrmikka LawnSite Member

pro turf new to posting; but man that hydroseeder is awesome and huge you must do alot of commerical work? btw great threads on your company and equipment very inspiring

6. jrmikka

jrmikka LawnSite Member

meant to say im new at posting...im looking through this site over the winter also read one about someone with ford diesels...i have a 95 dodge with a 5.9 cummins absolutely bullet proof i have friends with ford diesels heard nothing but problems, the new ones suck unless its a 7.3 get rid of it

7. PropServ

PropServ LawnSite Member

Beautiful setup! You must have a great banker too!

8. jplawnmaint

jplawnmaint LawnSite Member

Proturf, I like the new hydro truck. Looks to be a really productive unit. I was surfing the web and stumbled across a web site with your old one on it. Are you going to do the same lettering scheme on the new one?
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. jrmikka

jrmikka LawnSite Member

dont know if you saw my post but i have a friend that is a diesel genius and says all the new ford powerstrokes are junk unless its an old 7.3 i have an old cummins 256,000 miles, loud but havent done a thing to it except a hd tranny ($3500) @210,000

10. PR0 TURF

PR0 TURF LawnSite Bronze Member

If we have smaller jobs like that we try to schedule them all on the same day so we can mix a full tank. If we do have to spray just a 5k sq/ft job one day we will just mix up a half tank & it all comes out the same as if we mix up a full tank.