1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Our Equipment over the years...

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by PR0 TURF, Dec 23, 2008.

1. PR0 TURF

PR0 TURF LawnSite Bronze Member

Here is one random pic of some LEDs we put on the back of the blower. I could not get a picture of them both going off at the same time. The one on top is just a flashing light...nothing fancy...the 2 on the sides are the LEDs...very bright!

BB Lights.jpg
  2. Jelinek61

Jelinek61 LawnSite Senior Member

Those babies are bright. I love when guys trick out their equipment with lights.
  3. PR0 TURF

Nothing too exciting over here...just getting our bark blower prepped for a fresh coat of paint & getting the Ditch Witch ready to pull some pipe!

BB Paint 3.jpg

BB Paint 2.jpg

Ditch Witch.jpg
  4. Z-master man

Z-master man LawnSite Senior Member

Hey PRO-TURF have you had any problems with the Extremes? Any at all? I like to think ahead and eventually I want to take the straight off my truck and get a vee. A buddy of mine who I work for off and on has boss's and keeps trying to convince me to go that route.. Just wanted your opinion!
  5. PR0 TURF

Z-Man...the Xtreme V's have been a pleasure to use. We have had very minimal problems. We had to replace a breather/vent on one of them, because it was not allowing the plow to go down I believe? Also had some sort of set screw back off & it leaked fluid all over the place one storm. Besides those few minor issues they have been fantastic. The Xtreme's are much faster than the original V-plows that Fisher put out. The only other thing that we modified with our V's was the cutting edges. The stock edges are very thin & wear out quick. A new stock edge (4 pcs, 2 center pieces & 2 straight pieces) is $380 new. We use the stock center pieces & get the straight pieces made out of 5/8" steel from a local fabricating shop. They are much beefier & last much longer than the stock ones & actually turned out to be the same price as a stock set. In some of our pics you will notice we have yellow edges on the V's...that is because those are not stock Fisher parts.

I'm a Fisher guy true & through...I would not even consider any other brand plow, but I am just partial to them, I have not given any other plows a fair chance.

Utility 2.jpg

Utility 3.jpg
  6. powerstroke man

powerstroke man LawnSite Member
    from MA

As Always, ProTurf. SWEET PICS !!!:usflag::usflag:
  7. newjerseylandscaping

newjerseylandscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

proturff were you in jersey with that new hydroseeder? i saw one looked identical to yuors today?
  8. packer101

packer101 LawnSite Member

Nope, wasn't ours its up in NH
  9. PR0 TURF

Nothing too exciting...just a few random pictures from today. Pic of the bark blower being painted last night.

We had to put new tracks on our excavator...it's needed them for years but I've always been to cheap. I broke down and spent the $3,000 on a new set this winter. It was costing us more money in down time with all the issues we were having with the old set.

The last pic is of the concrete blocks we got delivered a few weeks ago. We cleared a new area at our shop to store material. We got started this afternoon on setting up the bins to take our mulch deliveries next week.

I'll put a few pics up of the new area next...

BB Paint 6.jpg

Excavator Tracks.jpg

10. JFGauvreau

JFGauvreau LawnSite Bronze Member

What was wrong with the bark blower? It was white before? It didn't look to bad.