Our Equipment over the years...

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by PR0 TURF, Dec 23, 2008.

1. PR0 TURF

PR0 TURF LawnSite Bronze Member

Jrmikka...We have no regrets making the jump to a bigger machine. We had definitely outgrown our other one. I don't have a formula for when it is the right time to make the step up to a bigger machine...I think you'll just know. 750 gallon is a reasonable sized machine...you should be able to utilize that for quite some time. We did around 50-60 acres of hydroseed this year if I had to guess. I'd have to go back & do some research to come up with an exact number. That's not very much compared to the big guys...but it's definitely good for us! We are trying to increase that year by year.

Here are a few pics from a job we did this year. We had the machine floating out on a barge shooting all of the river banks.

Hydroseed Barge Job (1).jpg

Hydroseed Barge Job (2).jpg

Hydroseed Barge Job (3).jpg

Hydroseed Barge Job (7).jpg

Hydroseed Barge Job (9).jpg

Hydroseed Barge Job (11).jpg

2. supercuts

supercuts LawnSite Silver Member

hows that newer ford doing and is it a gas or diesel ? i finally got rid of my 08' 6.4, it was a joke. it was enough to start phasing out the fords. my new dodges sees about a 25-30% fuel increase.

no deflectors on the plows to cut back on coating the windsheild? we do a few private roads and they are a must for us.

looks good, keep up the pics

3. LawnMan19

LawnMan19 LawnSite Gold Member

That's a cool project you did with the hydroseeder.:cool2:

4. sweetland

sweetland LawnSite Bronze Member

Thanks for answering my question about the Xtreme V plows. Fisher was all you saw where I am until a couple years ago when Boss started coming around and all the fisher dealers are now carrying Boss plows and selling more of them but i was just curious how you like it.

5. xclusive

xclusive LawnSite Bronze Member

I agree with Pro-Turf. I had a straight blade on my dump and when I bought my pick up I purchased an Xtreme V and never looked back. This year when I got rid of my old dump I also sold the straight blade and bought another Xtreme V. They save a lot of time and to me are worth the extra money.

6. supercuts

supercuts LawnSite Silver Member

same here in CT, boss is taking over but im bias....western is growing too but its part of fisher. meyer is all but extinct thankfully. even though their dealer locator still lists some dealers in CT most have stopped selling them.

7. PORTER 05

PORTER 05 LawnSite Senior Member

i love this post , how many plow trucks are you up to? you still have the FL60?

8. jrmikka

jrmikka LawnSite Member

WOW..looks great...thanks for the info... im sure you dont bid that job by the sy do you? whos the big guys btw? great help thanks

9. lawnpropm

lawnpropm LawnSite Senior Member

Proturf just like MLI said guys don't take care of equipment like it was there own. I also asked a dealer why would a company like Brickman for instance run walkbehinds with the size of the properties they mow when ztrs are faster. I was told the same thing you're thinking less maintenance and less cost upfront. Also I have heard they cut down on the amount of trimming you have to do. One question I know you mentioned overall cost being a factor but have you thought about the standers like the exmark vantage? Im not sure but they may be priced cheaper than a ztr but more productive than a walkbehind. Worth a look see maybe??
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. M RASCOE&SONS

M RASCOE&SONS LawnSite Bronze Member

if i send the snow mojo your way i need you to send it back lol.i washed and waxed the truck in shorts the other day,put a coat of fluid film on the plow and my wife thought i was crazy for doing it all in shorts .i told her if mother nature saw me in summer mode she would dump some snow on us but nothing in the forecast :dizzy: