Our Equipment over the years...

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by PR0 TURF, Dec 23, 2008.

1. Swampy

Swampy LawnSite Bronze Member

Another thing to think about if you keep a ZTR for fall cleanups, and not just a back up but when your crew starts to fall behind (weather, down time, etc) It would be a nice catch up mower.

Boss pretty much wrote the book on Vee plows, though I like fisher just as much especially their stainless blades. Can you short chain a fisher vee like the old straight blade fisher/western if problems arise?

2. P.Services

P.Services LawnSite Fanatic

better look into standers!! scag and exmark make a nice one. I think scag has a sweet price and a nice machine.

3. sweetland

sweetland LawnSite Bronze Member

Once a year Scag gives fleet pricing for individual units so i got mine for a great price

4. CriderLawn09

CriderLawn09 LawnSite Member

Pro turf, 9 walk behinds and two ztr's and both of my ztr's are for sell lol if that tells you anything. Where we are in a very hilly region in eastern ky, so walkbehinds have been custom for us for some time, you just can't get a zturn on alot of our properties and our walkbehinds will go anywhere, some one said less trimming with a walkbehind, i would have to agree you can get a walkbehind much closer to objects especially under low trees and such. Also, i would say that walkbehinds are easier to train guys to run properly and they seem to pick up on striping alot quicker bc the walkbehind pulls its self straight and zturn you have to hold the levers right, walkbehinds are def. safer to by far if one gets away from you, you simply just step off the sulkey and let the mower go, if you flip a zero turn there's a workers comp bill i don't want to pay lol. I think you get a better cut quality as well bc you not running as fast and when turning and mowing when its wet you don't rut the turf up near as bad bc the wiegh so much less. I think you will be very pleased with the switch and beside leaf removal you won't have any regets. Good luck and we are getting an 1-2 inches of that white stuff tonite wooo hooo watch out for the blizzard haha..

5. mowing4rlife

mowing4rlife LawnSite Member

I was looking at the exmark for my next ztr or walkbehind. Any advice on purchasing used or new equipment. What exmark turf tracer are you looking to buy? S-series or X-series turf tracer?

6. PORTER 05

PORTER 05 LawnSite Senior Member

ya walkbehinds def leave a better cut and leave less damage on turf , but are slower running from truck and lawn etc , a lot of our customers tell us they would like us to cut with the walkbehinds rather than the stander , also the walkbehinds leave a nicer stripe. Everyone though in our area runs walkers.

7. Kelly's Landscaping

Kelly's Landscaping LawnSite Platinum Member

Are your employees cool with the switch from lazers to walk-behinds? I know my partner and I as well as most of our employees would quit in a second if that was forced on any of us. Make no mistake about it riding is significantly less fatiguing then standing behind a walk-behind on a wheel or 2. Also if your going to go that rout get the velke out of your mind its crap. Exmark makes their own and tapered roller bearings are the way to go plus it locks in place when up with no swing all the velkes iv ever seen hung by a chain.

8. oakwdman

oakwdman LawnSite Bronze Member

Go with pro slides behind the turf tracers. I have them on all my TT's, would never go back to any other kind of sulky
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. mattfromNY

mattfromNY LawnSite Bronze Member

I second the pro-slides, my employee(s) love them.

10. PR0 TURF

PR0 TURF LawnSite Bronze Member

Does anyone have any pictures of the Pro-Slides? I've heard of them but am unfamiliar with them. What is the approximate cost for them? Does Exmark manufacture them?

:clapping: