1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Our Equipment over the years...

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by PR0 TURF, Dec 23, 2008.

1. jplawnmaint

jplawnmaint LawnSite Member

We run walker, exmark lazers and ferris walkbehinds. IMO the ferris dd hydro is by far the most rugged mower around. I have a 52" that is atleast 14 yrs old. But if your comfortable with the exmark tt then stick with it. As far as the proslide goes it works by dragging u around on the skid. So I don't think you could use it like a platform held off the ground.

We have a salt bin that is butted up to a hill and had about 10 yds of mix wash out in the middle of winter during one of those freak rain storms. What a pain. Had to dig the hill away and put a drain in. Fixed the problem for now. Just waiting on snow now.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  2. mowing4rlife

mowing4rlife LawnSite Member

How many acres did you mow with the zero turns during the growing season? making the switch to the Turf Tracers i guess you plan to still do the same amount of acres? At this time i am a small operation, but i am thinking of trying out the same Turf Tracer to mow bigger properties, since there cheaper and easier to find used. What your advise?
  3. mattfromNY

mattfromNY LawnSite Bronze Member

My guys will ride the proslides across sidewalks, driveways or short sections of black top. They got pretty crafty for long stretches of blacktop, and actually stand on the back of the walk-behind and 'ride' it, as not to wear out the wear-plate of the pro slide. We've been able to make the wear plates last an entire season. Not much of a pain to replace (4 bolts) and not really a big expense, when compared to replacing tires on a velke or sulky (we had rocks get stuck in between the tire and housing, run over nails or sharp objects, etc). And, no greasy hands/ clothes from hanging a velke on a chain.
  4. PR0 TURF

PR0 TURF LawnSite Bronze Member

The frame was poorly built...quite a few broken welds at the joints. We had to pull out the floor of the trailer & reinforce quite a bit of the frame. Our Pace has quite a few miles on it from the last 6 years, but I still expected it to hold up better than it has. I took quite a few pics of the poor workmanship, if I can dig up the pics I will post them. I would not buy another Pace trailer.

5. PR0 TURF

Thanks alot for the kudos BigIrish!! :drinkup:
  6. PR0 TURF

Nothing fancy...mostly my cell phone or a Canon SD750
  7. PR0 TURF

It is an Englander 3,000 sq/ft wood burning stove. Works awesome...very pleased with it..
  8. PR0 TURF

I have never done the measurements to figure out the acreage that we do on a weekly basis. We still plan on doing the same amount of properties with the TT's that we were doing with the Lazers. I can't give you much advice on what will treat you better with the TT/Lazer because we have yet to put the TT's to the test. I think you would be very pleased with either machine though, Exmark puts out a great machine overall.
  9. PR0 TURF

What is the wear plate made of? Has anyone made their own wear plate out of a different material that they found to last longer or be more cost effective?
  10. srl28

srl28 LawnSite Bronze Member

The wear plate is a hard plastic. Had a local guy try to make one out of a heavy gauge tin basically and it worked ok for a while.

Why no sulkies? Could get some 2 wheel sulkies that would maintain a decent stripe.
    Sorry if you have already answered that