Our Equipment over the years...

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by PR0 TURF, Dec 23, 2008.

1. PR0 TURF

PR0 TURF LawnSite Bronze Member

Noah...the GMC utility body we had a while back was a 1992...had the 6.5 diesel...I loved that truck! It had over 200k miles on it & eventually we scrapped it I believe.

:dizzy:

2. PR0 TURF

We have an Iroquois body on our F-350 & a Smith body on our F-550. I absolutely love the stainless bodies. They're bullet proof, year after year they never show signs of aging. We plan on keeping the bodies and transferring them from truck to truck as we sell the older trucks. The bodies last forever...our Smith body is 12 years old & looks good as new.

:clapping::usflag:

3. PR0 TURF

Trt01...we no longer use Groundskeeper. Groundskeeper treated us well & I definitely recommend it for someone starting out due to the low cost & ease of use etc. We eventually out grew GKeeper & switched to SAP. I love SAP. It's not perfect, but for what we do it's great. The company is also great to deal with...their technical support team is very helpful whenever you have a question. If you have any specific questions about it just let me know and I'll try to answer them.

:usflag:

4. PR0 TURF

5. PR0 TURF

Burnsy...I had a friend who was in the irrigation business teach me the ropes. He let me work with him on the weekends one summer so I could learn hands on. He then came out & helped on our first few systems until we were good to go. His knowledge & teaching was very valuable. It would have been difficult trying to learn everything from a book. I still occasionally call him when I'm in a jam on a job and need some input. Learning hands on out in the field is the way to do it if you have the opportunity. I was hesitant to jump into irrigation back then, but looking back it was definitely one of the best business decisions I've ever made. Irrigation is a very big part of our business nowadays.

:usflag:

6. PR0 TURF

Smokey...our snow season has been non-existent this year! Since December we have had 7" of snow...at this time last year we had over 70"...uggghhh! How's Mother Nature treating you up in Ontario??

7. PR0 TURF

Stockie...thank you! It was nice having the machine in the show this year. We do get quite a few calls from other contractors. We do a fair share of sub-contracting work for companies that do not own hydroseeders.

:walking:

8. CriderLawn09

CriderLawn09 LawnSite Member

Pro-Turf ,
    Thanks for the info on the mini, I demoed one and I think it will be a must have this year! I found a used vermeer, i think im gonna go pick up, i'm a bobcat man but the price of this one is pretty good along with no one around rents bobcat attachments but they do rent dingo and ditch witch and that all fits vermeer. But, anyway i feel you on the snow we have had 4inches this year last year i think we were around 30inches, we dont get as much as you guys. And as for the superbowl sorry bout the patriots:cry: i really know nothing about football but i do know that the BUD SHOOT OUT is next sunday!!! Boooga-dee, Boooga-dee,Boooga-dee!! Lets go racing boys!!

9. PR0 TURF

Luke...GREAT write up for the debate of walk behind vs. ZTR. I am very much looking forward to the fuel savings. Our new mowers have 20hp Kohler engines...our ZTR's had 31 & 35hp Briggs. Should be a noticeable change in fuel consumption. Great write up...thanks for your two cents...

:clapping::clapping::clapping:

10. PR0 TURF

Im not sure which picture you're asking about...but if I'm thinking of the right picture, that is a Finn Bark Blower in the background.