Our Equipment over the years...

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by PR0 TURF, Dec 23, 2008.

1. Chris_NC06

Chris_NC06 LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Sanford, NC

I'd assume he's been busy. Hope you're doing well Chris. :)
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. PR0 TURF

PR0 TURF LawnSite Bronze Member

In our area the local towns & state highway system regularly subcontract independent plow trucks. It is a pretty good gig to be involved in if you do not have any other properties to maintain. They pay hourly with the rate based on the size of the truck & plow etc. We no longer plow for the state, but it did treat us good for a few years.

:walking:

3. PR0 TURF

That sounds like a great rate to me. The 1/2 ton will be fine to push snow. Most guys with 1/2 ton trucks in our area typically run a 7.5 ft plow. Good luck with it!

:usflag:

4. PR0 TURF

Here's a few for now...more to come later...

CBA_8707.jpg

CBA_8702.jpg

CBA_8698.jpg

5. PR0 TURF

Finally got it done! It's not easy making the time to set this all up, that why once every 8 years is plenty!

:dancing:

6. PR0 TURF

PL...good eye! We definitely apply our hydroseed much thicker than most of our competition. We mix a thicker slurry in our machine, by adding more mulch bales than most of our competition, which provides a much better finish product. The purpose of the mulch is too retain moisture for the seedlings. What you are seeing from the companies in your area gives hydroseeding a bad name. When applied right it's much more effective than traditional seeding. I could talk about this for hours...

Our mulch blower can spread 10-15 yards per hour with a 2 man crew (Blower operator & laborer to help with the hose)

Gene Simmons.jpg

7. deerewashed

deerewashed LawnSite Senior Member

did you attend college chris? what is your take on getting a college education in the turf management and landscape design and build business?

8. Rhoads_TURF

Rhoads_TURF LawnSite Member

how many lawns do u guys mow weekly during the season?

9. PR0 TURF

Deere...I did go to college. I received my bachelor degree in Management Info Systems. I think college is a great for people. I was not enjoying it while I was going through it. I was trying to get my business off the ground and sitting in class all day was not helping that day to day, it was very stressful. There were many times I wanted to quit and just focus on work. I am VERY glad that I stuck it out and graduated.

My college did not offer any specialized courses for the landscape industry. When I was in college I still thought I was going to go out and get a "real job" once I graduated. My opinion is getting a college degree is very beneficial. It is not so important what your major is, just an extra 4 years of quality education will treat you well in life. At 18 years old many people do not have a career path picked out, so just getting that degree is a huge achievement.

10. PR0 TURF

We average 160-180 properties per week. Some large multi-acre properties, and some postage stamp lawns.

:drinkup: