1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Our Equipment over the years...

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by PR0 TURF, Dec 23, 2008.

1. PR0 TURF

PR0 TURF LawnSite Bronze Member

Well put DustyCedar...you could have one account that is more work than 300 residentials...:clapping:

2. PORTER 05

PORTER 05 LawnSite Senior Member

pritty sweet set-up

gives me somthing to look forward to, dont think i want to get that big, but i would like to have one mow crew 2 guys cutting 100 lawns or so a week and another crew me included landscaping tree work all week....

getting close that that but maybe 2 or so more years till i can do that, its just me my brother another brother and 1 or 2 guys for know.....

worst problem i have is not finding good enough guys , my brothers a re great but i wish i could find more people like them but there arent....

how old are you know????

good job-

3. birdturd9726

birdturd9726 LawnSite Member

do you own everything?
    or is most of it out on paper?

4. deere615

deere615 LawnSite Fanatic

Awesome equipment and pictures. That is a real nice shop

5. PR0 TURF

Its not easy to find good guys...but trust me...they are out there! A good image helps attract good employees...a bad image attracts employees who man not be so desirable. You need to stand out from the crowd to attract employees who stand out from the rest...just my opinion...

Ohhh yea...and I'm 27 now...gettin old!! :cry:

6. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

Don't cry to me about that, no sympathy here... I'm going to be 30 in less than a month!!! Not real thrilled :dizzy:

7. STIHL GUY

STIHL GUY LawnSite Fanatic
    from CT

wow its pretty cool how much youve grown in such little time

8. AmsoilPower

AmsoilPower LawnSite Senior Member

I WANT YOUR SHOP!!!!! A big ole' Amsoil banner would look good next to the Summit banner:rolleyes:

Great lookin biz you have.

9. SUREURITE LAWN CARE

SUREURITE LAWN CARE LawnSite Member

Pro Turf

Nice shop, nice pic's also, thanks for sharing . I do have one question. The international with the plow. If you don't mind me asking , (A) how much did it cost to set it up like that. (B) What type of tires did you put on the rear, and how much weight did you put inside the dump to help kept traction. (C) did you have any problems pushing the snow.

I am buying a 99 international low profile dump in 2 weeks, and I ask the salemans if it were posssible, he said yes. That it would cost around 4500.00 dollars.

Thinking about getting into snow removal next year, just seeing if it's worth it, we don't get to much snow around here. But some HOA always ask me about snow removal. I would like to say yes I do that also. Any insight would be helpful, THANKS.

10. PR0 TURF

Thanks for the compliments!! As far as the plow setup...it is a 10ft Fisher M/C Minute Mount 2 plow...the whole set up cost $6,000 to put on the truck back in 2005. The tires are the stock tires on the rear...nothing fancy. We usually will drop in a few yards of sand for some extra weight in the body. The truck never has much trouble pushing snow. It plows for the Mass Highway...they're paying $108/hr this year for trucks this size with a 10ft power angle plow. This past weekend when the snow was crazy the truck got 45 hours from Friday-Sunday...wish it got that every week!! The truck is probably a bit big to use on most of our other accounts...but I would definitely recommend getting a plow on your new rig and putting out somewhere...should treat you well!!! payup