Our Equipment over the years...

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by PR0 TURF, Dec 23, 2008.

1. PR0 TURF

PR0 TURF LawnSite Bronze Member

Jim...we do all of the maintenance on our equipment ourselves. A few of our guys are pretty mechanically inclined. We have a very good mechanic in town that we send all repairs to that are too big for us or that we don't have time for. We spend a ton of money on maintenance & repairs each year. We rarely send any of our trucks or equipment to the dealer for service or repairs...too expensive!

2. PR0 TURF

Thank you for the kudos! When I started I did not expect to turn the business into much...was just doing it for a little extra money while in high school & college. After college things were going so well that it didn't make sense to get out of it at that point. Our maintenance doesn't grow too much year to year, that has been pretty steady for the last few years. Our irrigation has grown quite a bit over the last few years, we are much busier with service work than we were a a few years back. We have increased our volume in hydroseeding quite a bit over the last 2 years also. We don't really have any one end of the business that is really taking off much more than another.

3. scotts lawn care

scotts lawn care LawnSite Senior Member

Hey pro turf, what's a good way to start in landscaping.? I started my lawn care business in 99' and now I would like to do a couple installs a year. I just don't know about the investment in a skidster? Any advice. Is much appreciated . Thanks. Bring on the snow!
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. PR0 TURF

If you are just getting started with only a few small projects a year I would recommend you rent a skid steer or mini excavator for your jobs. You won't have to worry about a payment all year if you don't have consistent work for the machine or things get slow. Also you could sub out a local company who has the equipment and pay them hourly or by the day...we often get subbed out by other companies who don't have the equipment for certain jobs. Good luck!

5. scotts lawn care

scotts lawn care LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks for the advice! I was thinking about renting a machine if I land an install job. Hey I like your website! I'm currently getting one designed right now. I hope I can attract more customers with it.seems like the new generation loves the web. I'm 34 and don't know tech stuff like most 12 year olds! Lol!
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. PR0 TURF

Here are a few random pics that I had on my phone from this season...

2010-06-09 12.25.17.jpg

2010-06-09 12.28.35.jpg

2010-09-17 10.10.02.jpg

2010-07-23 15.38.20.jpg

7. PR0 TURF

Two more randoms...

1242250120371.jpg

2010-07-29 09.51.25.jpg

8. Z-master man

Z-master man LawnSite Senior Member

VERY NICE!! Can't wait to see some more pic's!!

9. bobcat48

bobcat48 LawnSite Gold Member

Very nice.looks great man.

10. Bobcat'nSTL

Bobcat'nSTL LawnSite Member

Hey I just saw a pro turf truck working in St. Louis MO by mt house the other day.