Our Equipment over the years...

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by PR0 TURF, Dec 23, 2008.

1. Graveslawncare

Graveslawncare LawnSite Senior Member

How do you advertise? You guys always have tons of work. Especially bigger stuff like installs and hydroseeding.

2. smassengill

smassengill LawnSite Member

I got my Eagle at 15. Had to get it done before High School go too busy. Scouts has obviously given me the most worthwhile experiences of my life.

I've been to Sea Base in the Bahamas and Philmont. I've met lifelong friends and have learned leadership skills I'll use for the rest of my life. I'm sure glad I stuck with it.

3. newjerseylandscaping

newjerseylandscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

Hey guys just saw you guys talking about BSA, i just thought id share im a life scout and am 1 badge away from eagle, i was wondering how philmont is i just went to the national jamboree and it was a blast, I think all guys should have a scouting experience, you learn lessons meat friends and its A great way to meet ne friends.
    Hunter

4. PR0 TURF

PR0 TURF LawnSite Bronze Member

Congrats Ben & Smassengill...I tip my cap to ya for getting Eagle...like I've said before, that's my biggest regret...

NewJersey...make sure you follow through with your Eagle...you'll never regret it & they can never take it away from you...

Last edited: Nov 8, 2010
  5. PR0 TURF

Hahahhaa...I don't care what everyone says about you...you're OK in my book buddy! :laugh:

Hit me up anytime...

6. newjerseylandscaping

newjerseylandscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

I will i have 2 years but im hoping to have it by the end of this year early next year, thanks for the encouragement.

7. PR0 TURF

We implement numerous forms of advertising...but really there are no "big secrets" in our marketing plan. Our website generates a large amount of our new work, we use job signs, all of our trucks, trailers & equipment are all painted to match & lettered up with our logo, we give magnets & letter openers with our logo to every customer & vendor, yellow page ads, brochures, mailbox flyers, we hand out shirts & sweatshirts to friends, employees & customers, direct mail post cards, we made videos for our website this summer that we will be adding to the site over the winter, we set up a business display table at our bank this summer for a few months. We are involved in a BNI group that meets once a week (business to business networking group)

Basically we jump at any chance we get to put our name & logo in front of people...they may not need our services right now but when they eventually do need landscaping we want to make sure that Pro-Turf will cross their mind to call for a quote. Our market is loaded with landscapers big & small, but you've got to do what you can to stand out from the competition. It's not easy...but it's very important...

We are actually going to a marketing seminar in Boston tomorrow all day...put on by RealGreen Systems. I'm interested to see what ideas they have...

Here are a few random pics of some of our miscellaneous marketing materials sitting around the office...

2010-11-08 22.51.51.jpg

2010-11-08 22.52.35.jpg

2010-11-08 22.53.41.jpg

2010-11-08 22.48.26.jpg

2010-11-08 23.07.03.jpg

8. Ben's Landscape

Ben's Landscape LawnSite Bronze Member

Thanks. yea even though you never made eagle im sure you learned a lot through out the years of being in scouts. And people can take everything from you but they will never take your knowledge. I heard that from someone but i just cant remember who and it just sortof stuck with me. Since its so true.

Really like your ads. Creative way of doing your flyers and to do the letter openers. Who did them if you dont mind me asking? Local company or like vistaprint?

9. PR0 TURF

It was from a company online...similar to VistaPrint...something like Logosurfing.com, but I'm not 100% sure who it was. They cost about $1.10-$1.25 each I believe.

10. Ben's Landscape

Ben's Landscape LawnSite Bronze Member

Oh ok. I think i am going to do something like that next year i will pm you when i am ready and can get the exact name. Because that looks like it came out great! the flyers are very eyecatching