1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Our Equipment over the years...

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by PR0 TURF, Dec 23, 2008.

1. PR0 TURF

PR0 TURF LawnSite Bronze Member

Thank for the Kudos TriCity! Never bought out another LCO...bought everything separately
  2. PR0 TURF

Stroker...i'm unsure of what the tare weight is on the 550. One of the guys at work is pretty good with that stuff. I'll try to ask him this week & get back to you.
  3. PR0 TURF

I take a draw on the company every 2 weeks. Been doing it for years.
  4. PR0 TURF

The bigger one is going in my pickup & the smaller one is going on one of our bobcat trailers...it's going to be gravity fed, no pump. The bigger one is already installed...I'll have to get some pictures up this week. They are so handy to have! Save a ton of time & trips to the gas station for your crews.
  5. PR0 TURF

Glad to hear you enjoyed reading everything. If you ever have any questions fire them my way & I'll give you my opinion...
  6. RLS24

RLS24 LawnSite Bronze Member

I've been following your thread for a couple years now...everything looks great you have built yourself a great business. One thing I notice about you and a lot of others that have achieved great success is that you all started at a very young age. I really wish I would have done that rather than go to school for 6 years, get 2 degrees and not be using any of them and now having to pay back student loans.How old were you when you started, and how old are you now, if you don't mind me asking.
  7. PR0 TURF

Mike...thank you for the kudos...glad to hear you've been following the thread. I am 29 years old. I had been mowing lawns in the neighborhood since I was a teenager but I didn't actually buy my first commercial mower (Scag 48" w/b) until 2001. So I didn't really get started until I was 20 years old & even for those next few years it was just something to do to help pay for my college instead of working a minimum wage job. It wasn't until my senior year in college when I made the decision that I'd stick with the landscaping once I was done school instead of going out and finding a "real job". I love this industry...there are so many avenues you can take to expand your business & keep things interesting.

Let me know if you have any other questions...
  8. Graveslawncare

Graveslawncare LawnSite Senior Member

Hey man, sorry I haven't responded sooner to your question on editing software.

I'm assuming you run Windows on your computers, so I would go with something like Adobe Premier. It's middle-of-the-road cost-wise and can do a lot more than you probably will ever know what to do with.

If you run Mac, I would highly recommend Final Cut Pro, but that one will run you $900-$1200. HOWEVER, Final Cut also has a simpler version for I think around $300 called Final Cut Express, which would probably suit your needs just fine and be a lot less expensive.

Keep me updated on what kind of video stuff you are looking into!
  9. Jelinek61

Jelinek61 LawnSite Senior Member

Totally agree. And if you buy your diesel from the gas station you can buy in bulk when the price is lower.
  10. smcclumpha

smcclumpha LawnSite Member

Pro Turf,

What is your opinion on Kubotas' line of ZD mowers? We have been operating with Kubota Zd's and we find they are a great machine' however, they are a bit expensive. I am thinking about looking at an Exmark diesel, slighly cheaper then a Kubota but just as good of a cut.

What are you using for edgers? Are you using powered machines or the good old fashioned edging shovel?