Our first job of 2012

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by Red Shed Landscaping, Apr 15, 2012.

  1. Red Shed Landscaping

    Red Shed Landscaping LawnSite Member
    Posts: 182

    It has been so nice this spring (around here anyway) that we got started 3 weeks earlier than normal. We did this patio with a sitting wall and grill enclosure. She wanted a bigger patio and he didn't want to spend the money so had a little back and forth on it but ended up making it a little bigger but is still small for a table and chairs. (yes there is no railing on the steps and will be up to them)

    Greg & Chris McNeese 2012 (35) - Copy.JPG

    Greg & Chris McNeese 2012 (40) - Copy.JPG

    Greg & Chris McNeese 2012 (42) - Copy.JPG

    Greg & Chris McNeese 2012 (52) - Copy.JPG

    Greg & Chris McNeese 2012 (55) - Copy.JPG

    Greg & Chris McNeese 2012 (8) - Copy.JPG

    Greg & Chris McNeese 2012 (13) - Copy.JPG
     
  2. Red Shed Landscaping

    Red Shed Landscaping LawnSite Member
    Posts: 182

  3. zedosix

    zedosix LawnSite Silver Member
    Posts: 2,631

    Nice work. Like the way you do your steps, we don't use blocks for the backside, we just use the house foundation as backing.
     
  4. Red Shed Landscaping

    Red Shed Landscaping LawnSite Member
    Posts: 182

    Thanks,
    We have usually built the step up to the house with a waterproof membrane like you mentioned but he didn't want that so we had to build the wall in back also.
     
  5. iowa

    iowa LawnSite Senior Member
    from NW IA
    Posts: 305

    You can always tell when an Iowa project shows up on here, you usually catch a glimpse of the farm. Keep them farmers happy, they've got cash to spend right now. Looks good.
     
  6. DA Quality Lawn & YS

    DA Quality Lawn & YS LawnSite Fanatic
    Posts: 8,872

    Actually, being born and raised on an Iowa farm, there aren't many farmers that would want or be able to afford a job like the OP did (which is very nice by the way). Commodity prices are decent, but expenses are right up there eating at farmer's profits at the same time. Farmers are NOT rich.

    At any rate, nice job OP, I like Iowa projects:)
    What did you use to make your pavers glossy like that?
     
  7. ROC lawn and landscapes

    ROC lawn and landscapes LawnSite Member
    Posts: 82

    Looks nice man! I love Country Manor... very versatile block!
     
  8. DVS Hardscaper

    DVS Hardscaper LawnSite Fanatic
    Posts: 6,412

    and its time for the usual "no handrails on the steps?" comment. If no handrails, we hope you have a clause in the contract stating "handrails to be furnished/installed by others" :)

    the work looks nice though :)



    .
     
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2012
  9. zedosix

    zedosix LawnSite Silver Member
    Posts: 2,631

    I just tell them to put some flowerpots on them only cause I know most people don't bother to put railings.
     
  10. iowa

    iowa LawnSite Senior Member
    from NW IA
    Posts: 305

    I will have to disagree with you on that one. I'm not sure what part of the state you were raised in, but in these parts there is land consistently selling for 15k an acre. Most of these farmers are paying cash for the land, as far as I know. 75% of our work is from farmers right now, the other 25% are in an occupation that somewhere down the line ties into ag somehow or another. But I'm not sure how the rest of the state is doing.
    Posted via Mobile Device
     

Share This Page