Our First Wall

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by writon, Mar 17, 2004.

1. writon

writon LawnSite Member

this wall was our first real wall. we put this wall in at my moms place, since she has the money and is willing to let us practice for future jobs. it was a fun project and due to rainy weather it took my partner and i almost a whole week. she has almost $4,000 in materials and about $800 in equipment rental. the wall has down lighting and the evergreens on top will be up lighted. our next project will be a paver patio where the dirt is at the bottom. i would appreciate any feed back on this project, and some bids on a wall this size. the height on the left side is almost seven feet, and the run to the left of the steps is almost 40'. i will post the patio as soon as it is completed.

2. ElephantNest

ElephantNest LawnSite Bronze Member
    from La.

Wow, that looks great, bro! Can't really help you on the price, never done one. My guess would be $10,560.00, got that by doubling the material costs, and adding 10%.
  3. be proud, very nice job.
  4. Rex Mann

Rex Mann LawnSite Senior Member

5. z_clark

z_clark LawnSite Senior Member

that looks very professional! Gotta love letting friends and relatives be the Guinea pig for new ideas!!! Don't forget to show us the pics of the final job!
  6. rookiemower

rookiemower LawnSite Senior Member

thats looks very nice, beautiful job writon, i cant wait to do my first wall, hope it turns out that professional
  7. McHouck

McHouck LawnSite Member

very nice job!! What brand stone did you use?
  8. writon

writon LawnSite Member

We used Stonewall Select with the Buff color and matching serpintine caps. We also used Kichler 15063-OB lighting on the wall. We picked up some Kichler 15388-azt for uplighting the spruce trees above the wall. Should look pretty smokin when we are done. We will post completed day and night pics when it is done.

Thanks for all your feedback guys, keep it coming!

9. WAGS LandL

WAGS LandL LawnSite Member

Looks great! You guys should be very proud and mom should be
    very happy.
  10. Lux Lawn

Lux Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

Looks great guys you did a real nice job.