Our January Job...

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by John Zaprala, Jan 21, 2008.

1. John Zaprala

John Zaprala LawnSite Senior Member

Here's one of our last jobs, we finished this up I guess a week and a half ago when it was a little warmer to say the least. 1600 sq ft total, I forget the amount of wall. There's more to come on this one in the Spring, landscape, pergola (maybe in the fall), nice project for January though.
    Notice the foam insulation board!! Cheap insurance.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. John Zaprala

more pics...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. John Zaprala

I have some more of the actual install on another camera, I'll try to get them up sometime this week, but hey January is a busy month apparently. We'll be heading back to this job in the Spring to install the landscape and rest of the lighting (all steps and walls have INtegral Lights 22 altogether). There will also be a pergola where the swing is in the picture possibly in the Spring, but maybe in the Fall.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. jreiff

jreiff LawnSite Senior Member
    from MN

Job looks goods. Nice job. What did you do up against the house for both sets of steps? Did you have to put something up against the house to protect it?Did you run the foam board all the way up??

5. (wi) Roots

(wi) Roots LawnSite Member
    from 9

Was the grade change a decision of the home owner, water diversion, or on plans you made on you own that you pitched? Truly, awesome work! I would like to see your selection on planting material and nightscaping ideas!

6. John Zaprala

This house was a new construction, we had to dig down to ensure a proper base for the steps. We use foam insulation board as a standard against all foundations (steps, raised patios etc.) to allow flex against the foundation. We all know, in area that freezes and thaws that there will be movement. It's a little extra step we take to ensure it doesn't apply too much pressure and has the room to move.

7. John Zaprala

This job was designed by a LA. The LA recommended us for the install. The HO wanted to have a flatter area for his kids to play. Notice the Integral undercap lights in the steps etc. I'll post some night pics if I get a chance to be there at night. The plants go in the Spring and I'll keep you guys updated.
    Hopefully, I'll get the other pics of us block-filling the steps and laying pavers up.

8. Dirt Digger2

Dirt Digger2 LawnSite Silver Member
    from PA

nice work...i take it you rented that machine from the new suncoast rentals there on Boot road?...how are they?...also wheres that job located? The barn in the background looks very familiar.

9. John Zaprala

We are based out of Warminster, I am a designer/salesman, but since it was slow (Jan) I took part in this project as a foreman (I miss my former position except on payday). The sunbelt is on 2nd street pike we rented the mini from. In this area, I use Total Rental, but that's good to know...whereabouts on Boot Rd? I live off of Ship.

10. kemmer

kemmer LawnSite Senior Member

can you take a picture of where the steps meet the foundation? can you see the foam if you look at the side of the steps?