Our latest job

Discussion in 'Water Features' started by turner_landscaping, Sep 20, 2010.

1. turner_landscaping

turner_landscaping LawnSite Member

Here are some pics of our latest job.. It was a fun job to do. The trick was to make the pond appear as if it had been there for many years and not a "NEW" pond. Lots of living, aged rock with moss and ferns growing on them. The pond portion is finished but we still have a gazebo that is going in as well. It will be over hanging the pond about 5' with see thru floors and underwater lighting in it. Hope you like..

1.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

2.jpg

5.jpg

2. Southern Lawn Maintenance

Southern Lawn Maintenance LawnSite Member

looks good. did a good job making look like it was a few years old.

3. tadpole

tadpole LawnSite Bronze Member

Looks really good, but is that the rim of the biofalls vault that I see? Please hide it. It does have that aged look; moss rock is really my rock of choice for giving a Pond 'That Look'. Unfortunately, it is out of most peoples' budget range down here.

4. wurkn with amish

wurkn with amish LawnSite Senior Member

Tadpole,
    we have that stuff laying around and sometimes you can find people who will let you just take it, or very low price. I bought some for a retaining wall for $5/ton. Very nice stuff too!
    Turner,
    nice job, just cover that ugly vault : )

5. tadpole

Damn!! Moss rock down here, if you can find it, usually runs over $400.00/ton. No that is not a typo...$400.00+/ton.

6. STL Ponds and Waterfalls

STL Ponds and Waterfalls LawnSite Bronze Member

Find a direct shipping outfit for weathered sandstone in Arkansas. You can get it for 1/4 of that price per ton. Problem is you have to buy 20-22 tons (full semi load) than you have to store it somewhere. Natural stone prices are starting to get out of hand.

7. turner_landscaping

Thanx.. yea that is the filter tank you see right now.. We still are working out there on it. We have a full planting bed that goes right behind the filter tank and sides as well as aquatic plants that will be going directly into it. Unfortunaltely this the time of year that the aquatics are starting to go dormont on some species. I guess i should start shipping you some moss work tadpole im sure we can work out a good deal.. lol

8. turner_landscaping

We get all of our natural, glacier cut stone directly out of the fields here. The farmers dig it up and we go collect in the winter months. I also have a private supplier that i get from as well when i run low. I usually get it for 30$ a ton. All the stone around here are nicley cut a lot of quartz banding and real rich colors. Here is a pondless we did with the stone.

IMG00188-20100713-1313.jpg

9. STL Ponds and Waterfalls

STL Ponds and Waterfalls LawnSite Bronze Member

Glacier is getting pricey here around here, it's around $200 ton give or take.

10. tadpole

All I get to do is look at pretty pictures. The suppliers around here have never even heard of Glacier. They are a real progressive group of "businessmen". Yuk! Yuk!