OUR Latest Patio - input welcome

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by PerfiCut L&L, Oct 28, 2006.

1. PerfiCut L&L

PerfiCut L&L LawnSite Senior Member

Just finished our latest project. Heres some pics starting with the design photo (I submit one to every customer, prior to cunstruction). Helps to give them a visual of what it will look like. Its not perfect but it does help. Sorry for the large sizes. Will try to remember next time to resize first.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. dcondon

dcondon LawnSite Silver Member

It looks great. Very nice looking job you did!!!:walking:

3. Squizzy246B

Squizzy246B LawnSite Senior Member

Hey PC, I think your workmanship looks good, I noticed the tree surround is square not round...might have looked better round but it wouldn't fuss me...its just the colours that I think are bland. I assume thats what the client wanted and thats what matters. For the space I like the design and more importantly you pretty much built what you said you would at ther outset with you computer design. What program do you use?.

4. mbella

mbella LawnSite Bronze Member

What's the plan if that tree in the square box dies?

5. mrusk

mrusk LawnSite Gold Member

I would of put a boarder on the pavers.

I also think the two different levels takes away useable space.

Matt

6. Squizzy246B

Squizzy246B LawnSite Senior Member

Fire Box??:rolleyes:

7. mbella

You Aussies think of everything.*aussieflag*

8. mbella

Is there a reason you planted the tree in the patio?

9. PerfiCut L&L

Thanks for the compliments.

SQUIZZ: I agree, the tree put should have been round, but due to the small diameter we had to work with and the location of the patio perimeter it would not have proven stable to create the round pit. So it was changed to a sqaure pit with a small bench ledge for the kids to sit at.

Colors are plane, but customer wanted it that way. We tried to convince them to go with a darker grey wall stone to provide some contrast but she wouldnt budge. No big deal.

PS: If you would have seen the yard prior to construction....oh my what a mess. We ripped out the old concrete patio 13x10. Some old overgrown ground cover and shrubs. Trimmed the back, and installed the rock garden. Budget prohibited a pondless waterfall, (perhaps next year).

MBELLA: Cut it down.:dancing: , Seriuosly, if it does die, and I dont think it will, we provided a barrier and irrigation system that should permit it to live for a quite a while. However, if it does, the area can be filled in with topsoil and used as a planter or fill with stones and a water feature. Who knows... lots of ideas.

10. PerfiCut L&L

Fortunately we didnte plant it. It was their. The customer wanted to keep the two trees for shade purposes. And insisted the patio be the entire length of the house. The main idea, was 1st: eliminate as much grass as possible. (THEY HATE MOWING) 2nd, to provide as much usable space for entertaining both kids and adults, with room to BBQ.