Our leaf removal setup pic in action

Discussion in 'Landscape Maintenance' started by smallstripesnc, Nov 11, 2013.

1. smallstripesnc

smallstripesnc LawnSite Senior Member

Heres our leaf removal setup. The 5hp leaf loader is surprisingly powerful enough to get the job done. Dumping takes about an hour since we have to get in the trailer and blow them out.

http://i43.tinypic.com/208z608.jpg
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. Ditta&Sons

Ditta&Sons LawnSite Bronze Member

Someone on the site mentioned standing a palette at the front of the trailer attached to a chain, leave the chain hanging out the back and once you need to empty the trailer, attach the chain to a tree or something similar, PRESTO....all the leaves come out as you drive forward. Nice box you have though, lots of wood on it lol

3. John Deere 05

John Deere 05 LawnSite Member

Nice set up. I took the blower assembly off my cyclone rake and mounted on back of my dump trailer for leaves, works great just takes a few minutes to load because hose is only 6 inch.

4. foreplease

foreplease LawnSite Bronze Member

That is a good setup but an inefficient way to unload. We used the pallet trick (couple pallets fastened together to a little less than rough opening size of trailer) when I worked on golf courses. Worked great for leaves or brush. Tie off to a tree, stump, or other vehicle.

5. C & T Landscaping

C & T Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

A little something like this? :p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQB8ujdjgEk

6. grassmasterswilson

grassmasterswilson LawnSite Platinum Member
    from nc

We don't have to haul off leaves as our city will collect them, but I have considered a setup to remove them so they don't sit at the curb for lengths of time. Could be a way for upselling.

Also thought about doing a 3 sided setup to dump from the walker mower.

Our problem is not having a convenient dump site. I agree without a dump body it could get aggravating.

Could you beef up the sides and drag the box off the trailer like the video posted above?