our mowing fleet LOL

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by shortgut, Jun 5, 2005.

1. shortgut

shortgut LawnSite Member

this is a few pictures of our mowing equipment just converted bumper pull trailer to gooseneck and had the tailgate split sure makes it a whole lot easier to close the SCAG with roll bar is a Turf Tiger 61"Advantage deck with the KAW 29 horsepower engine with DFI

2. South Florida Lawns

South Florida Lawns LawnSite Platinum Member
    from usa

Love the scag and the third pic looks like the ford tractor is On the trailer.

3. Scapegoat

Scapegoat LawnSite Member

Nice! What type of accounts are you mostly servicing? Residential or Commercial?

4. shortgut

shortgut LawnSite Member

we do mostly residental I have 1 contract with the city have 3 of the local school campuses and 2 other business but my smallest yard I do takes us with both mowers about 45 mins to finish
    the city if we do all of what they normally mow it is 40 hrs with both mowers this includes weedeating and picking up trash at the baseball field and city park

5. shortgut

shortgut LawnSite Member

Actually it is on the other side of the green trailer we had to unload it Sat as my son blowed a tire out on the trailer and you know how hard it is to find a tire shop open Sat after 12 noon around here think that they roll the sidewalk up at noon on Sat local tire shop that was open was 15 miles away and they quted me $149.50 for a 215/85R16 E ply rating said thanks but no thanks fianly found some in MT Vernon for$98.50 so we had to go by there any how on our way to Sulpher Springs so we just stopped by and picked 2 up will put them on the frt of the 1 ton and put the ones off of it on to the trler and that will give us a good set of tires all the way around till next time .
    Thanks for the complment about the Scags I tried 2 Kubota ZD last year and they are good machines just could not get the cut out of them I wanted so I sold the last one and got another Scag great machine but I am open to other mowers but MY preference is a Scag plus that is all my boss (wife)told me I could buy and she was the one who signed on the dotted line

6. Mack77

Mack77 LawnSite Member
    from NJ

Congrats on the purchace! It's always fun getting a new toy :) Good luck with your machine...I just recently purchaced a mower with that same suspension seat- it makes the ride soo much more enjoyable..

7. Eddie B

Eddie B LawnSite Senior Member
    from gone

What was the advantage to converting to the gooseneck? Higher weight capacity? Is it any easier to manuver?

8. shortgut

shortgut LawnSite Member

it got the weight off the rear of the truck empty eight of the trler before we put gooseneck was about 3400 lbs and the way the axles are set most of weight is toward the frt and when you put to scag mowers plus all the other stuff ,to me it was just to much tongue weigth to be safe.
    I had neck put on and rear gate split and two rear side marker lights put on and it was a total price of $686.00 and yes to me it is easier to turn and back you really do not have to worry about getting frt of trailer into truck bumper by turning to short when backing up plus it is a whole lot eaier to hook up