Our new 06 F-250SD

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by nobagger, Oct 4, 2006.

1. nobagger

nobagger LawnSite Gold Member
    from Pa

Just picked it up on Monday...

PA040054.JPG

PA040055.JPG

PA040057.JPG

PA040056.JPG

2. lawncare18

lawncare18 LawnSite Senior Member

Love it... you gona letter it up at all????

3. nobagger

from Pa

It goes in for a BOSS V blade in 3 weeks and we are getting a dump insert this comming spring and the insert has a spot for a sign so we're just going to do that.

4. N&CLandscaping

N&CLandscaping LawnSite Senior Member

Nice Truck

5. walker/redmax

walker/redmax LawnSite Senior Member

Very nice lookin' machine you've got there! Its been a while since I've seen a ford with a standard transmission; do they still make 'em?

6. MysticLandscape

MysticLandscape LawnSite Bronze Member

Why didnt you get the 350?

7. BSDeality

BSDeality LawnSite Silver Member

they make a 6spd manual still (well did in 05, i assume they still do now).

Nobagger, did you choose not to go with the TowCommand in the dash? or was that just what they had on the lot? I have the TowCommand and it is unbeatable for loads light and large. That brake controller in the cab looks pretty cheap like the first unit I ever bought. I learned my lesson with that and upgraded after one day to a Tekonsha Prodigy.

8. MSS Mow

MSS Mow LawnSite Senior Member
    from Maine

Curious, how much did that break the bank? I'm looking at a new truck identical to that and would like an idea of what you got it for. That is if you don't mind telling, of course.

9. nobagger

from Pa

I got it for about 11.5% under invoice which was 31256.00. I took the 0% instead of the rebates plus I get a 1000.00 check from Ford when I show them I got a plow for it.

10. nobagger

from Pa

Well being kinda "in between models" this was hard to find. I really only wanted a XL with a cd player and snow plow prep package. There were none of those within 500 miles so I had to go with an XLT which is better I guess. It makes it more convenient when plowing (power windows and mirrors etc) I found a xl with the tow command and cd player but no snow plow prep package and I wanted white. I figured if I'm going to pay 30k for something I might as well buy something I wanted. Bye the way that brake controller is digital with inertia switch and it cost me well over 100 bucks! But yeah the tow command would have been nice.