Our new 2013 John Deere 661R Stander

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by ClassicLawnCareInc, Apr 25, 2013.

1. ClassicLawnCareInc

ClassicLawnCareInc LawnSite Senior Member

lol yes it is a pain to change them lol

2. kawakx125

kawakx125 LawnSite Bronze Member

according to wright, they use a longer bolt due to the fact that many will want to use flat blades instead of the factory stepped, which requires adding 2 washers on top of the blade. you can also incrementally change the height on the fixed deck models by adding/subtracting washers and since they use the aerocore deck on those now it's all the same

3. ClassicLawnCareInc

wow. I guess well get used to it.

4. Unique Landscape

Unique Landscape LawnSite Member
    from Vanc WA

We just got ours in today got 2 48 inch decks so far we like them
    it took 3 weeks to get them

5. grass-scapes

grass-scapes LawnSite Bronze Member

I just bought the first one out of our local JD dealership. He had a 48 and a 52. Bought the 52. Ive been running standers for 9 years now. bought a v-ride 2 years ago and had nothing but trouble with it. 3 days before warranty expired on it, I found out about a service bulletin.....had the entire hydro system replaced via warranty. Pumps with cooling fans, motors, lines, everything. Runs better, but this Deere is smooth.....much more than my older standers.

Deere.jpg

6. ClassicLawnCareInc

Grass-scapes congrats, I hope you have good luck with it. My guy loves mine, hes put 85 hours on his so far with no problems.

7. cms_

cms_ LawnSite Member

Classic Lawn Care Inc., can you give us a update on how your machines are doing?

Thanks

8. ClassicLawnCareInc

Hey,

Yup yup. My worker that uses this mower loves it. We currently have 300 hrs on this one and actually bought another one a few weeks ago. We had two problems so far.

1. There is a metal plate that protects the hydros by your feet. They have pre-cut holes that allow the bolts to go up and down with the deck height. These holes are not lined up properly so we had to cut out the holes and make them larger.

2. The spring that help the deck to go up and down was sticking a bit so we sprayed it with some lubricating spray and problem solved.

Overall its been a great machine no other problems and it cuts great. I know it doesnt get as good fuel milage as my diesels but this mower cost 1/2 the price and is easier on my workers back and knees.

9. cms_

cms_ LawnSite Member

Does it strip decent? Any photo's of the cut? I'm really interested in one of these but not much out there for feedback.
    Thanks for the update.

10. ClassicLawnCareInc

Yup its stripes really well. It has a rubber strip that is behind the deck.

Ill try to find some pics to post