Our new 2013 Walker Diesel

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by ClassicLawnCareInc, Mar 30, 2013.

1. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes LawnSite Fanatic

Good luck with yours, I loved mine when it was operational.

Don't be so sure. I bought a Navigator and never looked back.

2. Armsden&Son

Armsden&Son LawnSite Silver Member

Hey there Mark, any word on the bigger navigator decks? I heard that they were going to be doing some larger side discharge ones like Walker does.... I have a bunch of respect for xmark, i mean come on, the lazer z is pretty much the most popular machine of all time in the U.S i think..(most units sold) I have never ran a navigator though and I really want to try one... Can you imagine a navigator with 60 in. ultra cut? That would be awesome!

3. Armsden&Son

Armsden&Son LawnSite Silver Member

side discharge of course....

4. ZX12R

ZX12R LawnSite Senior Member

I would be interested in hearing thoughts on this also.Ihave a 2004 Walker with a Kohler 26 EFI. As others said,its a great machine for manicured lawns but other machines just seem to be built tougher in regards to the deck.

Anyone know if the Walker side discharge machines decks are the same thickness?

5. BPS##

BPS## LawnSite Senior Member
    from WY

4500 hrs on original hydros????????????

That is unheard of from any one I've talked to.

A neighbor has replaced the hydros twice in his 09 and 11 diesels.
    To the point that I'm concerned about buying a 1550 hr used diesel.

6. BPS##

from WY

Don't run into stuff, problem solved.

The only time I've had deck issues was when one of the guys hit some thing.

7. The Grass Master

The Grass Master LawnSite Member

FYI, I also had to adjust the "full alarm" when I started using the dump bins that go inside the grass catcher. I had to adjust it up a little so it can clear the bin as it oscillates. You simply take a pair of channel locks or similar pliers and bend the flap up or down depending on your preference. It's made to be adjustable, and about a ten second job.

Also, I recently purchased a Navigator to use for leaf clean ups on "rougher areas" where I prefer not to use my Walker GHS, as they are meant to be used for manicuring "high end properties". Well I sold it real quick. Trust me guys you DONT want a Navigator.

8. BPS##

from WY

In recent years they must have really beefed them up.

02 and 04 models is what I have, its way easy to bend the bracket by hand.

9. agent walker

agent walker LawnSite Senior Member

Nice machine! The plastic chute is one thing you have to watch, once they get that metal ring bent there almost impossible to straighten out. Only raise the deck on level ground and just ease it down and you should be fine. Never had problem with armrest or speed control lever slowing down. have 1700hr on one 09 and 840 on the other. Mostly use a 74in side discharge deck. Its one grass cutting machine!