Our new custom leaf box

Discussion in 'Landscape Maintenance' started by PerfectEarth, Oct 18, 2012.

1. Mahoney3223

Mahoney3223 LawnSite Senior Member
    from midwest

Mount your vac on the front of your leaf rig! I love ours
  2. t608

t608 LawnSite Member
    from RI

Hey, Very nice setup!

I just ordered a billygoat 18hp with the tailgate hanger. I noticed the billygoat
    is bolted to the hanger. So You can't fit the forks into the pockets with the hanger on? I'm planning on using the forks from my kubota to lift billy on and off the truck, but was hoping I could just slide my forks right in.

3. underESTIMATED

underESTIMATED LawnSite Member

I bet the aluminum cost $1500 alone!

Very nice detailed pics!
  4. bigoldodge

bigoldodge LawnSite Member

Posted via Mobile Device
  5. JFGLN

JFGLN LawnSite Senior Member

I mount my loader on the front of the trailer.
  6. underESTIMATED

underESTIMATED LawnSite Member

Any idea what gauge thickness that screen is? It's obviously holding up?
  7. PerfectEarth

PerfectEarth LawnSite Bronze Member

No front of the truck here, guys. Not a fan of those set-ups personally.

Anyway, box is about to go back on soon. Been sitting in the shop lot for a year, unused! lol... like a snow plow or powerseeder. 2 months of use then put it away!

It looks the same as last year, just sitting out in the weather. I do not know the thickness or gauge of the screen. Sorry... All I know is that it's perfect for venting.
  8. Groomer

Groomer LawnSite Bronze Member

side note question, Perf.

This year seem to be a more "normal" year via leaf volume, with ample rain and better temps vs. last year's scorching drought.
    But, the ash borer has done some serious damage, and we have properties where once major leaf cleanup has really been affected-as in mulch what's there and go, no pickup required.
    Have you guy's seen this yet?
  9. Chris_NC06

Chris_NC06 LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Sanford, NC

That's a real nice set-up! Would look even better with some logos on the sides of the box.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  10. David W

David W LawnSite Senior Member

Hey perf...I talked to you a few weeks ago when we were building our box. Thanks again for the info you passed on. Everything is working beautifully on our set up. On a side note :) Do you have any extra yellow hose off the exhaust going into your box? I need like a 1' piece to extend ours into our box and don't feel like paying for the 6' or 8' extension.