1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Our new enclosed trailer

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by Mr_Marc, Oct 21, 2003.

1. Mr_Marc

Mr_Marc LawnSite Member

Our new 8 x 20 Pace American Summit and 11 month old 2003 F-150 supercrew. No lettering on the trailer as of yet. Just magnetics on the truck it self.
  2. Mr_Marc

Mr_Marc LawnSite Member

oops forgot the picture.

3. Mr_Marc

Mr_Marc LawnSite Member

Other Side

4. wriken

wriken LawnSite Silver Member

Nice trailer, how does the 150 pull it?
  5. Jusmowin

Jusmowin LawnSite Senior Member

Time for a 3/4 or one ton truck, that half ton is too small for that trailer.
  6. Doc Pete

Doc Pete LawnSite Gold Member

Yeah, I had to go from a 1500 GMC to an F250 super duty gas motor to pull my 7x18 enclosed. Good luck, but I hope you tried pulling it loaded before you decided.
  7. Mr_Marc

Mr_Marc LawnSite Member

It pull's nice no problems, ya know south Florida nice and flat. now if I lived in a hilly area then that would be another story.

I actually have my eye on a used Isuzu NPR dump body.
  8. ProMo

ProMo LawnSite Bronze Member

I pull a 7x14 pace and its starting to take its toll on my 95 f150 trans is leaking suspension is giving out,will have to replace soon ive onnly put 65k miles on the truck but its been pulling 9 years im looking for a f250 crew with diesel to replace it
  9. Jusmowin

Jusmowin LawnSite Senior Member

Mr Marc, It really doesnt mtter if your area is flat or not . I live in a flat area as well but people drive crazy around here and if you have to stop really fast that trailer will push that half ton into someone else. The reason I say a 3/4 or 1 ton is better is that they are heavier trucks with bigger brakes, elec systems ect. Anyways, good luck w/ your rig .
  10. Tider6972

Tider6972 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Alabama

properly adjusted surge brakes on the trailer will stop the truck.
    Don't have experience with electric trailer brakes.