1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Our new Enclosed

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by jhsmith4, Apr 15, 2008.

1. jhsmith4

jhsmith4 LawnSite Member
    from Ga

Just picked up our new enclosed hauler last week, cant believe we waited so long to make the move! Its a 8x18 Horton Hybrid V-nose with side ramp. Its going to the graphics shop tomorrow, really excited! We are it out with Gridiron racking system and the flooring is rubber tread plate, a must!

2. greenbaylawns

greenbaylawns LawnSite Senior Member

looks good show some pics when it's logo'ed
  3. 02DURAMAX

02DURAMAX LawnSite Gold Member

Nice Trailer!!
  4. milsaps118

milsaps118 LawnSite Senior Member

Nice trailer. How much more for the side ramp door, wheels & floor upgrade? Is that a 48" side door?
  5. Cooter

Cooter LawnSite Senior Member
    from NE Iowa

Nice trailer. I really like the side door.
  6. outlaw1960

outlaw1960 LawnSite Senior Member
    from denver

very nice! how much? if you dont mind sharing! thanks....nice purchase....
  7. jhsmith4

jhsmith4 LawnSite Member
    from Ga

The trailer was fabricated with 54" side ramp and 92" on the aft ramp. It has an additional 6" of ceiling height, upgraded wheels/radials. Not bragging, it's a jam up hauler. It cost $ 5570 out the door. The Gridiron racking system was purchased from a venor who decided to discontinue selling it. I purchased a display they had taken down. The items totaled well over $500, they sold it $150, another sweet deal. We are really impressed with this enclose, pulls great loaded!
  8. bobcatnj

bobcatnj LawnSite Senior Member

what equipment are you keeping in there?
  9. ponyboy

ponyboy LawnSite Bronze Member
    from ny

nice trailer, why the side ramp and not just the door seems it might be a pain to unlosd a machine if you park close to trees, house, a curb or uneven terrain, is it that hard to unload one extra machine from the rear to get the one in the front out? seems that would be great for atvs or snow moblies and not so much for work, you would have to be careful eher you park it so to be able to utlize both doors, either way still love new equipment and like to see it lettered
  10. supercuts

supercuts LawnSite Silver Member

you stole that, i paid $5500 for my 7x18 pace used enclosed a few years ago, granted it was only a few months old but new where much more.