1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Our new leaf machine

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by AdamChrap, Nov 9, 2010.

1. AdamChrap

AdamChrap LawnSite Senior Member

He is a video of us testing our leaf machine we just built. Pretty crude but wanted to make sure it would work. We have 100' of pipe on it so we can reach those stubborn places. Unit has a 20+ HP 2 Cyl Wisconsin.

THEGOLDPRO LawnSite Fanatic

so you cut a hole in the side of your enclosed trailer to blow leaves into??? also how do you get the leaves out of the trailer? and why didnt you just build a leaf box for one of the trucks? and again why????
  3. bobcat48

bobcat48 LawnSite Gold Member

Nice.kool man.i like it.

STIHL GUY LawnSite Fanatic
    from CT

looks cool but it seems like it would be easier to have a flexible pipe
  5. AdamChrap

This traioer is on it's last leg. We do not use it in the daily business anynore. We needed something fast because we picked up a lot of. Cleanup accounts this year and I walkers couldnt cut it. They shovel them out. Two guys can do it in 45 min. It works great.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  6. AdamChrap

The flax pipe is very epensive and creates more friction/resistance.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  7. thu cutting edge

thu cutting edge LawnSite Senior Member

just make a box for the truck. blowing that into the trailer you will wast so much time over the course of the leaf season you could buy a dump trailer. break it down accounting wise. but im not telling you how to run your company. also got to typco for the flex hose.
  8. AdamChrap

Ya typing on a touch screen leaves something to be desired. Our original plan was to put it on our dump truck nut it has some mechanical issues that make it unreliable and we didnt have time to fix them now. Didnt want it to go down half way through the season. It really dont take long to unload and we can get a 8hr day worth of leaves in it. It grinds them real good.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  9. br549oicu8

br549oicu8 LawnSite Bronze Member

Dude, that cracks me up!!!!!!
  10. johnsonslawnmanagement

johnsonslawnmanagement LawnSite Senior Member

Wow.....whatever works for you is what I always say.
    Posted via Mobile Device