1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Our new leaf machine

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by AdamChrap, Nov 9, 2010.

1. AdamChrap

AdamChrap LawnSite Senior Member

:laugh: I assure you we deal with plenty. How can you comment on the performance when it is a totally custom machine and you have no first hand knowledge of how well it works? I run a two man crew with this and they can work all a 8 hr day and just fill it up. Now granted that is travel time, time to blow the leaves into piles, and less than one hr each day to unload. It grinds them up real good. You do this five days a week and I am telling you that is a lot of leaves.

So many people think they have to have the coolest equipment to do a simple job (Don't get me wrong I love cool equipment) when all you really need is to be able to think a little bit. Just because nobody does it this way doesn't mean it isn't a great way to do it.

2. gobblet

gobblet LawnSite Member

Now that's country! Whatever works for you.

3. AdamChrap

:laugh: You could say that! My father is a fabricator and a farmer so we have come up with some interesting things some over the years.
    Like you said, it works!

4. KE-llc

KE-llc LawnSite Senior Member

you're hose is too small and too long. I couldn't image sitting there having to rake it in little by little. I fill a 12' dump with 6' sides 2x a day.....so yea

5. AdamChrap

Those are leaves that were ground once already wit the walkers that is y they dont suck up real quick.
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. THEENER

THEENER LawnSite Member

check this out for leaves. you can also side dump and it is enclosed

IMG_1412.jpg

7. AdamChrap

That is nice!
    KE-llc that is also sucking through 100' of pipe so it is working pretty well on ground up leaves.
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. Texas Lawn

Texas Lawn LawnSite Senior Member

it may not be for you but if it works for him then go for it. Im always intrigued by the stuff people come up with. Looking good and keep up the inventing

9. Green Team Landscaping

Green Team Landscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

Why not just open up the side door and leave the back one closed. You'll probably keep more leaves in the trailer that way

10. AdamChrap

I'm confused. Everyone does realize I had the back doors open because I didn't want to empty it later? We were just out in a field doing a test when I took this video.