1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Our "New" Spray Rig

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Nate'sLawnCare, Nov 17, 2013.

1. Nate'sLawnCare

Nate'sLawnCare LawnSite Bronze Member

I fabricated a mount for our sprayer to attach to the new zero turn. I figured since the BOP dually velky was made to carry a person, it would hold a 225 pound sprayer. I had to make a hitch for the quick release, so it unhooks in just a few seconds. I also made a bracket to mount the sprayer to the velky. I've used it a couple of times and it works great, I especially like the fact the sprayer stays directly behind the zero turn at all times.

Here's some pics:

2. DA Quality Lawn & YS

DA Quality Lawn & YS LawnSite Fanatic

I like the engineering.

Does any of the spray pattern hit the stand platform and not the ground? Would be my only concern...

CHARLES CUE LawnSite Silver Member

Nice set up it should work good for you but the step would concern me because the nozzles don't spray in line with each other they are set off a little so would think that the middle nozzle would hit the steep on the front side

Good luck
    Charles Cue
  4. grassmasterswilson

grassmasterswilson LawnSite Platinum Member
    from nc

Good idea

I always wanted the boom on front so I could see the nozzles and make sure they are spraying even. Given any thought to putting the sulky on front? Looks like the wheels are on castors and with a little welding it might work.
  5. Nate'sLawnCare

I angle the nozzles back just slightly, so it doesn't spray on the step, maybe just a little overspray.
  6. Nate'sLawnCare

I like the idea of having the boom on the front, but don't like having overspray on the mower. I may rig up a different gauge for this rear mounted unit so I can monitor the pressure without looking back, just for safety's sake. I'm also planning to make an aluminum folding boom for the unit with 2 more nozzles to give me flexibility to use it for small and large properties.
  7. alexschultz1

alexschultz1 LawnSite Bronze Member

The best part about this is being able to hop on the back and go for a ride!!! We do a property nicknamed the "green mile" being able to scoot guys around would save SOOO much walking
  8. Nate'sLawnCare

Yeah, I guess you could load a guy with a trimmer on the back and drop him off somewhere along the way :)