1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Our New Super Surfer

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by QC Lawn Services, Mar 23, 2005.

1. QC Lawn Services

QC Lawn Services LawnSite Member

After much research and thought, my partner and I purchased a 36" Great Dane Super Surfer. Most of our lawns are residential and we needed something to get through the gates. We purchased the mulch plate to go alone with it. We bought the mower on Friday and had to order the mulch plate which actually arrived today. We got a chance to use the mower over the weekend our first impression was really good. The mower has lots of power, handled a thick, tall and sloped lawn well without slipping. It was comfortable and the viewing area is really nice. Our price was $4439 plus tax. We felt that we got a good deal. We were looking at the GD Scamper, but decided to go with the stand on. The folks who own the Wright Standers swear by them and we hope to have to same experience.
  2. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

thats cool. I hope that everything works out great with it
  3. Lux Lawn

Lux Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

Good luck with your new mower,I have two of them and really enjoy using them.
  4. Go for the Green

Go for the Green LawnSite Member

Another satisfied Super Surfer customer here! Mine is going to be 3 years old and I might trade it or sell it and get a new Gen II Super Surfer. They look totally bad azz!

Never used the 36" but I'm sure that it will work great for you.

Have a great season!
  5. lafrance4078

lafrance4078 LawnSite Member

Just bought a 52" SS 17hp Kawi. It has 26 hours on it. Someone here was saying that I may be under powered. Can those of you with one say one way or the other. I won't be able to take ownership until next weekend. I will know for sure then. Just wondering what your expieriences have been.