1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Our New Toy (sk650)..

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by tjsquickcuts, Oct 15, 2007.

1. tjsquickcuts

tjsquickcuts LawnSite Senior Member
    from Atlanta

After a long debate with my lead Landscape guy, we decided to go ahead and buy a Ditch Witch sk650.....I wanted to get the MT50, but couldnt walk away from this deal. Got it checked out today, and all is good. It has 380 hours and is in otherwise good shape. Gave it a lite workout today, but planning on really seeing what it can do on tomorrow. What do you guys think about this machine???.....I have pics, but too tired to post them....but I will try to post them after my shower....just getting in.....long day, :weightlifter: .
  2. Lawnworks

Lawnworks LawnSite Fanatic
    from usa

How much? any attachments? is that one turbo diesel?
  3. Focal Point Landscapes

Focal Point Landscapes LawnSite Senior Member

Congrats - looking forward to the pics - and the price
  4. bobw

bobw LawnSite Senior Member

Hope you enjoy it. I bought a SK350 at the start of the season for pulling pipe and it was the best investment I've made in years. I can't imagine what kind of beast you've got there....
  5. YardPro

YardPro LawnSite Gold Member

the 650 is a real beast.
    we demo's the 500 a few years back and it was a good machine as well. For what we do the dingo was a better fit, but that decision was based mainly on track tread design. the ditch witch is a great machine.

you will be amazed how useful these things are.

what attachments do you have, and what type of work do you do? I can reccomend some attachments.
  6. mrusk

mrusk LawnSite Gold Member

You should of gotten a compact tractor!!! hah
  7. YardPro

YardPro LawnSite Gold Member

suprised top sites has not been all over this...LOL
  8. GreenT

GreenT LawnSite Fanatic

He's researching, gathering information, you know, getting ready :weightlifter: :weightlifter: :weightlifter: .

Hey tjs, congrats!