Our New truck F-650 Dump

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by Fordsuvparts, Jun 12, 2006.

1. Fordsuvparts

Fordsuvparts LawnSite Senior Member

My company is going tommorow to purchase a new 2006 F-650 Dump with the cummins diesel 230 HP,7 speed with dual 50 gallon tanks. This is a picture of a similar truck, i forgot the camera today when we were there test driving it, We are going to get it for around $42,000 it will be are first Brand new truck.[​IMG]

2. Trinity Lawn Care  LLC

Trinity Lawn Care LLC LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

That is a nice truck!

3. MysticLandscape

MysticLandscape LawnSite Bronze Member

42k thats cheap, some f350's and 250's are more money than that, but thats because they are nice inside and have all the extras.

4. tthomass

tthomass LawnSite Gold Member
    from N. VA

are you sure that its a cummins? i don't know about the larger trucks but cummins is dodge and international is ford and iz* is chevy

5. Gravel Rat

Gravel Rat LawnSite Fanatic

That truck has a ISB Cummins its a optional motor in the F-650 its the cheapest motor option along with the 6.0 . If that same F-650 was C-7 Cat power then the price would be easy 50,000 or more.

I think your going to find the 230 Cummins really underpowered but then again you only have a 3 ton truck so its not going to be pulling much weight anyways.

Its always nice to have a new truck thou the first dent hurts the rest after that adds character :laugh:

6. tthomass

tthomass LawnSite Gold Member
    from N. VA

curios.............what about the tranny(s)?

7. Brianslawn

Brianslawn LawnSite Silver Member

shouldve went cat.

8. lawnmaniac883

lawnmaniac883 LawnSite Silver Member

Atleast he didnt get a stroker :rolleyes:

9. Mike33

Mike33 LawnSite Bronze Member

Not to knock your truck, but it will be underpowered. need the larger cat engine and a 8 sp. A truck like that i want it tagged and powered to haul 12 ton. You will have a hard time doing that especially where i live here in the mountains. My body has a nice kenworth that can do that and only had 50 some in it. The hoist dont look that heavy and the bed is not to impressive either.
    Mike

10. xcopterdoc

xcopterdoc LawnSite Senior Member

We have several in our rental fleet. No probs so far besides a broken front shock mount. As for the Cummins vs Cat.. we have far more problems with our Cat powered equipment than Cummins. I've worked on em both from 4 cyl up to 14 cyl. I'll take the Cummins.. I don't get raped on parts or labor if we need to have dealer support. And the 6.0.. they can keep that POS.