Our Next Days Work

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Strawbridge Lawn, Mar 17, 2003.

1. Strawbridge Lawn

Strawbridge Lawn LawnSite Senior Member

As we role out in the morning to check engine oil, blade sharpness, cleaner elements and trimmer string, I ask each of you to pray for our military as we move toward war.
    This has special meaning to me for I was there during the first Gulf War aboard the USs John F Kennedy. That was a time I will never forget, yet at the time, I did not feel like I do now. Call it age, wisdom or whatever. I felt pretty fearless and confident then. I am feeling nervous and more appreciative of our fighting men and women now.
    It is because of them now and in years past that we enjoy the freedoms we have today. I felt that I was a protector while I was in the service, now I feel protected. A big difference. I can only support and pray for them now. As an American it is our duty.
    I don't know what runs through your mind when your cutting, trimming, sawing, or whatever it is you do in this line of work these days . But my thoughts and prayers will be with those who are protecting us so we may continue provide our services each day .

God Bless
  2. Lawn Specialties

Lawn Specialties LawnSite Member

I couldn't agree more. By the way my dad was on the Kennedy around 1970.
  3. paponte

paponte LawnSite Silver Member

I hear you on that. I feel a little nervous on this one. Not that I do not agree with the president, I just don't like the feeling of going into this one "alone".

God bless all of "our" Men and Women. Let's keep them all in out prayers, and thoughts.
  4. kppurn

kppurn LawnSite Senior Member

One word to describe the men and women fighting for our country: Courageous. No matter what our individual feelings are on the decision to take action, we should fully support our military and other leaders.
  5. Strawbridge Lawn

Strawbridge Lawn LawnSite Senior Member

Heroes as well.
  6. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

I think George and Tony are about to kick some serious butt...god bless all those service people...and god's speed returning them home safe and sound.
  7. gslam88

gslam88 LawnSite Member

I agree with the feeling that are written here.... I was on the U.S Nimitz for a couple of minor incidents compared to what we are doing now.... 1985 off the coast of Beirut for 128 days.....

The uncertainty is due to the whackos in both Iran, and North Korea.... and not knowing what they will do...

as strange as this sounds... the wars of the past the soldiers had honor (per say) and only went after the other soldiers.... now we have the new breed of "fighters" that will go after any one they can... women, children., the enemy.. the own people....

Sadams eldest sons response to the imminent war is that he will not go after the soldiers, but after the women and children in the US.... or so I have been told he said this....

It takes a really man to blow up kids that greatest wrong is to drop a sippy cup on the floor and spill their drink.....

but unfortunately it is the most underhanded, evil, a@@hole move that this idiots can do to provoke good sound American people.

Support your troops, with all your heart... even if you do not agree with Bush... support what the men and women on the front lines are doing for you freedoms and keeping your way of life!!!!!!!

8. Doogiegh

Doogiegh LawnSite Senior Member

It's the only job I know of that you're going into a situation that you know people will be shooting at you to kill, and this isn't 10 year olds with rubber bands and "someone's gonna lose an eye...."

The Police forces here do as well, but not everyday and they don't go charging into bullets the way this is..

Sure hope this is as quick and as strong as they claim it's going to be.

on cnn.com

Navy commander tells sailors attack will be "unlike anything anyone has ever seen before"

Sure hope so.
  9. Matt'slawncare

Matt'slawncare LawnSite Member

lets keep them hero's in are thoughts and prayers, since they will give up there tomarrow for are today. :angel: