Our Pond

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by BobR, Jul 17, 2005.

1. BobR

BobR LawnSite Senior Member

Thought I would share a picture of our completed pond, lawn looks a bit raggy but is starting to grow. Fish are happy and have already produced offspring. NO I did not install it myself. I hired Decker's Landscaping (local LCO) because I have observed his work on properties near the lawns I maintain and was impressed.

BobR

Pond.jpg

Fish.jpg

2. grass disaster

grass disaster LawnSite Silver Member

here kitty kitty..... here kitty kitty.

wish i could be there to see the local cat have a little fish dinner.

3. Matts Mowing

Matts Mowing LawnSite Member

Mind me asking what the charge was for that....Looks nice by the way

4. Aussie Topcat

Aussie Topcat LawnSite Member

5. N.H.BOY

N.H.BOY LawnSite Bronze Member

What do you do with the fish when it frezzes in the winter up in N.Y.??? Fish Sticks :p

6. BobR

Got a couple of options, attach an option to my circulator pump that returns the water directly back into the pond at pressure - that keeps a hole in the ice allowing the bad gasses to escape and the fishes happy or purchase a heater unit that also keeps a hole in the ice - Havent made up my mind which route to take at this time. Dont need Fish Stix wife wouldnt be too happy.

BobR

7. Drew Gemma

Drew Gemma LawnSite Bronze Member

did they cover the whole liner with that smaller stone all the way to the bottom. and how deep is that

8. kemmer

kemmer LawnSite Senior Member

is that hose is see going up the side of the waterfall? i would of buried that

9. BobR

Yes the entire liner is covered with #2 washed stone. 30" at the deepest point.

BobR

10. hole in one lco

hole in one lco LawnSite Bronze Member

I use 2 heaters one at the bottom and one floater those pumps are too expensive to run all year. just a suggestion