1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Our Push Mowing Set Up

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by grasshopperslawn, Sep 1, 2013.

1. monoshock

monoshock LawnSite Bronze Member

image.jpg

2. grasshopperslawn

grasshopperslawn LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks we do all the fabrication and welding for the trucks at our shop

3. monoshock

image.jpg

4. monoshock

123333.jpg

5. Tom-N-Texas

Tom-N-Texas LawnSite Senior Member

Nice. I'd love to get away from using a trailer. I truly hate dragging that thing around. Not only is it a cop-magnet but its dangerous, takes up storage space, destroys gas mileage, wears brakes out quickly and wears down transmissions....not to mention requires maintenance, tags, tires and various upkeep. That lift gate would allow us to not use a trailer on some days and just zip around town. . Just curious as to how many lawns you are doing...and are you push-mowing only; no riders or stand-ons? If so why do you need the trailers?

6. ncpete

ncpete LawnSite Senior Member

You must be from Australia! :clapping:

7. ncpete

ncpete LawnSite Senior Member

In the OP, he said they started a "push-mow" route this year. Clearly he has other work, too.

8. grasshopperslawn

grasshopperslawn LawnSite Senior Member

We do about 700 hundred a week right now . We had to down size from 1500. Just started offering this seervice currently we are push mowing about 100 a week

Last edited: Sep 1, 2013
  9. Grant11

Grant11 LawnSite Senior Member

I'd hate to keep the books on 700 yards a week. The rig looks good! I've thought about going with a gate set up like that and go with a 48" walk behind but that might be a little much for those gates. I've never actually seen one in person

10. OakNut

OakNut LawnSite Platinum Member

Why is it that when a solo guy like me does mainly push mowing I'm a hack, but when someone with a decent sized business does it, it's just another source of revenue?

LOL

There's a crapload of big outfits around here that send out guys in pickups with two push mowers in the bed. If there wasn't any money in it, they wouldn't be doing it.

Nice trucks. :)