Our Push Mowing Set Up

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by grasshopperslawn, Sep 1, 2013.

1. Exact Rototilling

Exact Rototilling LawnSite Fanatic

http://www.tailgateramps.com Not sure if these folks are still in business but in the past this is were I found them. I have an aluminum flat bed UteLtd.com bed going on a Tacoma 4x4 short bed and I flat out need a low hassle fest quick and safe way to load and unload even side load equipment.

All options are on the table. I'm leaning towards the drop in track big boy motorcycle ramps over at discount ramps.

2. Exact Rototilling

Exact Rototilling LawnSite Fanatic

http://www.tailgateramps.com

Old thread from a member who had one for sale.
    http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=234943

3. ncpete

ncpete LawnSite Senior Member

thank you! someone needs to work on their SEO, and I need to work on my spelling. Simply making it "gator" put me in the entirely wrong area.

4. jrs.landscaping

jrs.landscaping LawnSite Silver Member
    from Maine

I loved it, it just wasn't economical to purchase after running the numbers. I really like the truck setups with the 32"-36" WB/Standers, if we had another 1.5 days worth of work we could set up a one man crew with a setup like in the pictures. For right now there isn't enough work to pay for the truck/machine setup.

5. Rcgm

Rcgm LawnSite Senior Member
    from Indiana

Thinking about purchasing a Exmark 30. I have been in business for 20 years and a member here for 13. Floors me that people still think you need a ztr and trailers to make money. I run 2 Wright standers 36 inch and 2 push mowers. Been doing it for years. How do you like the Exmark 30?

6. newguy123

newguy123 LawnSite Bronze Member

Awesome! Do you have any pics of your set-up? What are you hauling the two 36"s in?

7. Liberty Lawnworks

Liberty Lawnworks LawnSite Member

These are the people who cry about charging less than $60 for a 5,000 square foot lawn. Maybe if you weren't using a $12,000 mower to tear up a lawn that would be better served with a $1500 30-inch or heck, even a 21", you could be more competitive. I have a few small properties that I use either push or self-propelled 2-cycle Lawn-Boys on that I bought off of Craig's List for $30. After cleaning the carb, throwing on a new blade, filter, and plug, I can have that mower paid off in a few lawns and have a machine that is going to run for a decade or longer with minor maintenance.

8. JDGlandscape

JDGlandscape LawnSite Senior Member

it all depends on your lawns and area that you are in. in more city or suburban areas that is what i would run too, but where i am all the lawns are large and spread out. my average lawn takes me 45 minutes to mow with my 60" mower. would you like to do those with tiny mowers? you would have to drop half of my accounts because there isnt enough time in a week.

as far as using large equipment on smaller lawns, yeah i do that but only on a few. i have mostly large lawns and then a couple that are smaller, but i am not going to go out and buy a 36 walk behind for the 2% of my accounts

9. grassmonkey0311

grassmonkey0311 LawnSite Silver Member
    from MD/NC

I opted for the push mower route for this ^^^^^ reason.

10. milkie62

milkie62 LawnSite Senior Member

Guys that cut grass for a living do not like us part-timers taking jobs away.I needed a way to help offset the cost of my Ferris 3100z which I spent $12.5k
    on.What better way than to become a profession part-time grass cutter.I do not want all the extra jobs,the full-time pros can have the spraying and weeding jobs.I just wanna mow,blow and go.:clapping::clapping: