OUR X-MAS PRESENT TO OURSELVES

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Greenkeepers, Dec 27, 2000.

1. Greenkeepers

Greenkeepers LawnSite Senior Member
    from NE Ohio

Hey All-

We finally broke down and bought this yesterday http://WWW.BObcat.com/products/ssl/images/pro_ssl_773_02.jpg

It is going to be delivered tomorrow. It's brand new, but I didn't get the preperator with it from bobcat. Thats going to be in the spring.

Guido- Thanks for the advice over the summer, it's been a long process but we finally got what we consider the best. If anyone is also looking and needs some hints, let me know I've done all kinds of research.

I'll put some pics up when we get the real deal. I don't know if I can wait until tomorrow though :)

2. paul

paul Lawnsite Addict

Not the best, but did you get the turbo?

3. Greenkeepers

from NE Ohio

Paul-

Didn't get the turbo. The dealer said that if you were planning to run tracks year round then the turbo would be the way to go. It doesn't give any added lifting power or anything it's just for wheel power/speed. We're not going to run tracks now and in the future we may have to use them but on an as needed basis. The turbo boosts it up about 10hp I believe.

What is your opinion of the best and why. I meant brand and not machine size..

4. paul

paul Lawnsite Addict

I like New Holland myself, Bobcat copied New Holland with their 773/873. We've been running them for 15 years can't complain about them seem to hold up well (hard to kill ,my guys have tried*). Have 2 that have over 6000 hrs on them still running good but getting loose on the pins and bushings. When you go looking for your rake look at FFC Preperator, very well built(like a tank) like the way it eats rocks:)
    You have a good machine treat it right and it will make money for you.

Things to buy for it;
    FFC tree spade bucket
    FFC Preperator
    HD Forks
    Steel/rubber tracks help when the going is tough
    If you do larger brick paving jobs get the roller makes fast work of the base making
    Protech snow pusher you won't go wrong with this if you move snow:)

*One time ran one off an embankment into a lake we where installing stone on, 10' drop.... straight down loader fine motor had a hole in the side but still ran....

5. Greenkeepers

from NE Ohio

Paul-

Thanks for your input. I really like the FFC attachments, I saw them all demoed at the Expo in KY this year and was really impressed with them. Their price is reasonable as well.

Thats a very good story about the hole in the engine, did you send it to NH and see if you can get it put in their newsletter or something. I like the NH's but I'm not that fond of the dealer that is here. I was trying to buy some property next to them and they were one of the ones that were influential in me not getting it (I outbid them and they weren't happy with me). But that's a whole different story :)

I think that no matter what machine you buy; if you take care of it and don't beat it too bad you will definately make your money back with it.

6. leeslawncare

leeslawncare LawnSite Senior Member

Thats one nice piece of equ.. good luck with it!

7. Congrats Greenkeepers. We just recently purchased 4 - 773 Turbos at the Aluminum recycling plant where I work full time. Did you get hand or foot controls on your unit? All of ours came equipped with hand controls.

I hope you enjoy your new toy.

8. Greenkeepers

from NE Ohio

Rich-

I just have the hand/foot controls. I was used to running them so I stuck with that, I don't like to change once I'm comfortable with them. Only 9 hrs till delivery!