Our yard puts behind Cayote Ugly

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by mdvaden, Mar 15, 2010.

1. mdvaden

mdvaden LawnSite Bronze Member

Finally gave our own backyard a facelift. Nothing too fancy, because we have 3 small dogs. But we like it now.

Built the building as a detached guest room last autumn, on blocks to be easy on the big Douglas fir root system. So the idea to skirt it with a short fence came to mind in the middle of the facelift last week.

I've wanted one of the circular patios for a long time. Sure made me appreciate those landscapers that are really adept with pavers. It's not really just a piece of cake.

The ramp was a brainstorm two summers ago when we bought the place. The skinny side stairs were a pain. So we culled them, and ran a ramp to the upper tier of the back yard. I really suck at deckwork, but it's fairly stout. Actually, improvise is a better word than deckwork.

2. grassman177

grassman177 LawnSite Fanatic

damn that is nice, huge overhaul for the better except the no grass, gotta have some grass
  3. SOSman

SOSman LawnSite Member

Awesome job man! Looks fantastic! :clapping:
  4. CoupesCuts

CoupesCuts LawnSite Member

No "yard" is complete without some grass!
  5. lawnlandscape

lawnlandscape LawnSite Senior Member
    from Midwest

This is amazing! No need to even take a vacation!

What kinda rock is that??
  6. mdvaden

mdvaden LawnSite Bronze Member

The fine is pea gravel.

The river rock cobble is from Oregon Decorative Rock, about 3/4 of a mile from us. They just refer to it as 2" to 8" river cobble. Not sure where it comes from. My guess is not from southern Oregon. Its got all kinds of greys, cream, some burgundy and other. A really nice mix.

It was $110 / cubic yard.

The lawn may come in as a final phase someday. Where the fenced garden area is. My mother is 92, and we fenced that area for her. Its where a future lawn would go.

This week, I divided the ornamental grasses in the front yard, and will use those for the back. They will have to be the substitute, although not the same thing.
  7. Gunnels Grounds & More

Gunnels Grounds & More LawnSite Member

I like. GOOD JOB.
  8. mowerdude777

mowerdude777 LawnSite Silver Member

Looks great
  9. ygim

ygim LawnSite Senior Member

Looks relaxing. Good job

NEWGUYRI LawnSite Senior Member

looks great, very oasis like.