Out mowing?

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by newjerseylandscaping, Dec 17, 2010.

1. Falcon50EX

Falcon50EX LawnSite Senior Member
    from GA

That's all i am doing but at half the cost. I looked into geting just the handle for the fastrap but could not find it on the net but got close.

2. corey4671

corey4671 LawnSite Silver Member

Only thing i might do different with your setup is to put some 2x4s in front of and behind your tires and then strap them down. That way it really restricts the movement. In the event your ever need to get on the brakes really hard the mower could move enough to slip the strap or even break it.
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. gasracer

gasracer LawnSite Bronze Member

I pull the mower all the way to the front of the trailer. I wrap a chain over the trailer rail and through the front tire mounts to lock it. The other way I do it is to run the chain through the frame on the back with a lock on each side of the trailer. The back mower gets pulled up against it,another chain gets run through the front of the frame, through the front mower and locked to the side of the trailer.I have a landscape cage on the front of my trailer that the front mower couldn't move far before it hit if something were break lose under braking.

4. newjerseylandscaping

newjerseylandscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

I have an idea i dreamed up last night, When i get my trailer ill try it and post picks.

5. Exact Rototilling

Exact Rototilling LawnSite Fanatic

I use the E track system with ratcheting tie downs 80% of the time I use the same spot but at times I need to move it forward or aft. Also makes the floor & sub frame combo stronger. I have 2 rails that are 10'. Two other rails only go 4 - 6 feet or so. Trailer is 6 x 12 enclosed.

6. lifetree

lifetree LawnSite Fanatic

This thread is stupid ... if you can't figure out how to strap down equipment on a trailer then you shouldn't be in the business !!

7. newjerseylandscaping

The fact was not how to it was if you do inbetween the accouts, also if anyone had any tricks for making it faster. Thanks for the ignorant comment though i appraciate it.

8. pitrack

pitrack LawnSite Bronze Member

A guy can't get any advice on how others on the site strap theirs down? Thought this site was to help people, not to post pointless posts in threads?:confused:

9. newjerseylandscaping

Thanks you, I thought i was hte only one thinking that, Any suggestions/ pics or tricks of how you do it?

10. STIHL GUY

STIHL GUY LawnSite Fanatic
    from CT

i use a ratchet strap wrapped around the front casters of my WB mower and it doesnt move