Out of country customers, how many here have them?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by monoshock, Jun 5, 2013.

1. monoshock

monoshock LawnSite Bronze Member

I now have a new customer that lives in Nigeria. He contacted me from my CL ad. He owns a nice home near the lake, and only comes here a few times a year.

2. Joel D

Joel D LawnSite Member

Isn't that where are all the spam emails for getting rich quick by depositing some out of country money for some rich dude come from?

3. cimkill

cimkill LawnSite Senior Member

I have quite a few that live in the U.S. One deposits money monthly in my U.S. account, and the rest either pay through a management company, or 3 month advancement for services I love these accounts. They pay well and you don't have to chase them. Some of the locals here are a nightmare when it comes time to collect.

4. monoshock

I have a lot of out of state customers also, mostly vacation homes at the lake. This is my first out of country. The guy is an American working in Nigeria on a big construction project there.

5. cimkill

cimkill LawnSite Senior Member

What is funny is I just picked up a new property thats a rental this week. I cut it then went to collect today, and asked if they were happy with the job, and if they saw something they didn't like, so we could correct it next time. She said that property is up the hill and its too far for me to go check on it just make sure its cut once every two weeks. The property is less than half a mile from where she resides. LOL

6. jlcrox2

jlcrox2 LawnSite Member

Is he a prince who only needs your bank info so he can wire you payments? J/k

7. monoshock

Man, don't know where I came up with Nigeria, the costomer is in Islamabad Pakistan working on a long term construction project.

8. Caddyshack Lawn Care

Caddyshack Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

I don't have any customers who live out of the country, but I've had a few in the past who came here from other countries. It seems like they all want to negotiate on price and only want it cut once a month. pffft.

9. zackvbra

zackvbra LawnSite Senior Member

I have one that is in the air force and he got stationed in Germany recently.

10. macgyver_GA

macgyver_GA LawnSite Senior Member

One of my customers is in the army reserves. Earlier this year she was supposed to be deployed to Afghanistan for a year. She had me invoice her for an entire year's worth of service back in February and she was going to pay me in full up front for the 12 months of service right before she left. Her deployment ended up getting cancelled a few days before she was supposed to leave.

When I first started servicing her property, she was deployed at the time and had her friend meet with me to set up service. She had her dad write me a check and mail it to me for the first month of service. She got back from deployment about 3 weeks after I started.