Out of country customers, how many here have them?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by monoshock, Jun 5, 2013.

1. Caddyshack Lawn Care

Caddyshack Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

Good for her. Bad for you. (unless she let you keep the pmt!) :usflag:
  2. Greg78

Greg78 LawnSite Silver Member

Got several that live out of the country, some from Canada and one from the UK. Have several that live in other states as well.
  3. herler

herler LawnSite Fanatic

I have plenty of those!
  4. Outlawn

Outlawn LawnSite Senior Member

I had one of those that started off just asking for the lawn cut. No big deal. He is a Middle Easterner who works for the USAF. Heavy accent, and kinda hard to understand.
    Then they asked for a couple of plants planted. No problem, I said. A couple of plants, was actually about 25. I mowed, and did some of the work for him, but he kept adding on more and more. I finally told him he needed to hire a full-time landscaper to plant and maintain all of the landscaping, because I did not have time, but I would be more than happy to continue to cut the grass. Needless to say, I do not service his account.
  5. JCLawn and more

JCLawn and more LawnSite Fanatic
    from MI

I have one in china and I had one in germany.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  6. MSS Mow

MSS Mow LawnSite Senior Member
    from Maine

I've got them in Japan, Spain, Australia, Canada and Italy.
  7. newguy123

newguy123 LawnSite Bronze Member

I have a customer whose in the military...stationed in Europe, I handle their income property. One of my quickest paying customers too.
  8. zackvbra

zackvbra LawnSite Senior Member

i accepted one earlier last month. hadn't been cut yet this year, I had to rent a brush mower and her bill is $170, she agreed to this price over the phone. she still hasn't paid, nor answered her phone in the last 7 days, as ive left two voicemails. one was a friendly reminder to pay the other was I couldn't open her gate last time I mowed it.

I think I might have got burned on this one guys. I hate to say it, since they are military. this makes me not want to accept out of state or out of country customers in the future. I really busted my ass over there at this house, and rented the mower!
  9. Outlawn

Outlawn LawnSite Senior Member

That sucks, dude. Hopefully they're just busy and the check is in the mail. I got burned a while back by a realtor. I agreed to do a leaf cleanup for a very reasonable price. I got 9 bags of leaves from this house, beds and all. She wasn't happy with it, so I went back and went over the whole yard again. I didn't charge her more because I thought I would take care of her and she would be a good avenue into more jobs............I haven't heard form her in 3 months. :hammerhead:
  10. echo

echo LawnSite Bronze Member

Out of state and country send payment before work is done or I don't do it. Got burned one time for $100 and it won't happen again.
    Posted via Mobile Device