Out of Creativity...need help!

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Team-Green L&L, Jan 3, 2007.

1. Team-Green L&L

Team-Green L&L LawnSite Bronze Member

I have simply run out of creativity trying to do to many things at once. We have to have our pre-season postcards out in 3 weeks and I can't come up with anything. Please give me some ideas. The objective is to push people to our site, so information is not our goal. Layout and graphics are our concern now.

Spring Clean Up Postcard front copy lawnsite.jpg

2. Team-Green L&L

Here's the back.

Spring Clean Up Postcard back copy lawnsite.jpg

3. mrusk

mrusk LawnSite Gold Member

You need alot of help with that post card. #1 The picture makes no sense. If i got that post card in the mail i'd have no idea what time of year you are talking about. Swith out the picture of the house for a picture of lush landscaping with spring floors blooming.

#2 You never want to put your headline above your photo. The first thing that will catch peoples eye when the fan through their mail is the photo. People read top from bottom. They will look at the photo and read whats below it, skipping the top head line.

#3 Get rid of the reverse print color. White text on a dark background is harder to read. If reverse print was easier to read news papers would be white type on black paper.

#4 I think every landscape company in the business has used that headline before, get rid of it and come up with something better.

Basically get a better picture. Get a better head line. Below the picture write the head line black type on white background. Then below it put your web address.

BTW Do you really want customers that would use a coupon??

Make sure you have a good mailing list. 40% of a mail campains success is based of the list!

Matt

4. Team-Green L&L

Let me reason the text: these postcards will reach our market in mid-late February. Do you think the potential with still be confused on "what time it is"? I assumed that all homeowners think of flowers in the spring?

The coupons will probably not get used because of our mailing list, but we aren't concerned about bad clients because they won't get the postcards at all.

I think I should change the headline...any ideas? Also, if that photo is not for you, what type of graphic would you use? Remeber that these postcards are to do 2 things:

Direct traffic to our website and sell spring preparation work. Nothing else.

5. Team-Green L&L

Is this layout any better?

postcard design 2 lawnsite.jpg

6. DUSTYCEDAR

DUSTYCEDAR LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

i dont like the dandylion it says u r slacking in my opin

7. Team-Green L&L

I'm confused. The little girl blowing on the dandelion (making a wish)? That is an indirect ad "What do you wish for this spring?"

8. Team-Green L&L

I tweaked it a little, opinions PLEASE!

postcard design 3 lawnsite.jpg

9. mrusk

mrusk LawnSite Gold Member

Pay the money and have it professionally designed!!!! Why not spend an extra 200 on production instead of doing a ineffective mailing????

I'd also have your logo redesigned.

Matt

10. Team-Green L&L

Please don't take this the wrong way, but this reply was completely useless. Our logo has been effective for quite some time. We are a 6 year old company. I have had plenty of designs done professionally, but I am doing this now. All I wanted was some feedback to see how my design can be improved.

Thank you for your opinions, but I need constructive criticism, not just criticism.