Out of season....xmas card

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by PR0 TURF, Feb 24, 2003.

1. PR0 TURF

PR0 TURF LawnSite Bronze Member

This is the Christmas card that we send out to our customers each year. I know its out of season...but i just figured out how to post pics so I wanted to put one up. Do any of you do anything along these lines? We get alot of compliments from the customers with these...:jester:

ptl-xmas2002.jpg

2. Swampbeast

Swampbeast LawnSite Senior Member

Thats a very good idea! What did it cost you to do that?

:cool:

3. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

Neat Idea.

What did you use to get your name on the side of the Walker. Is that something you hade done at a sign shop?
    If so what did it cost you? I may have to steal your idea for next year.
    Mayby even send Halloween cards dressed up like Edward Scissorhands!!!:D

4. PR0 TURF

PR0 TURF LawnSite Bronze Member

To get 200 cards made up was about $80-90 if i remember correctly. I feel as though they are a conversation piece in some small way...

The signs on the catcher i got made up from our local signshop. They're just on sheetmetal then i cut them to fit & riveted them to the catcher. There are signs on both sides of the catcher and the back. Total of 6 signs per catcher.
    :blob3:

5. jjfehr

jjfehr LawnSite Member

I'm out of the lawn biz now (bad back) and am into puters and design. If anyone would like a very inexpensive card to send out via email, contact me at ejfehr@earthlink.net. These ecards can be sent for free or you can print them for distribution. They can be used as thank you, christmas, birthday aniversary, or any other situation that deserves recognition. The best thing is that you can, after purchasing skin, distribute them to anybody for free! If you want to see a sample contact me at ejfehr@earthlink.net

6. GraZZmaZter

GraZZmaZter LawnSite Senior Member

PROTURF

Great idea! I lke how it is a postcard, eliminating the need to stuff envelopes. I really like your phone number as well. Makes for easy remembering for passerbyers.

7. LB Landscaping

LB Landscaping LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Maine

Pro Turf, great idea. It gets people talking about you. I bet they will remeber that card for a while.

8. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

I like this Christmas idea A LOT. We become friendly with all our customers, and a great deal of them know we run this as a small family business. They know our dogs name, kids names etc, so I could really see our customers enjoying a card set up like that with our picture.

9. Lawn Specialties

Lawn Specialties LawnSite Member

Very cool. Just think of how many of those get set out during the christmas season for people visiting you're customers houses to see. Whose going to pass by a picture of santa on a lawn mower and not stop to to take a closer look.