Out of State Management Companies

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by LakeMurrayLawns, Oct 20, 2004.

1. LakeMurrayLawns

LakeMurrayLawns LawnSite Member

Have any of you worked for an out of state management company?? One of the properties I have been taking care of just changed and to keep the property I have to start billing an out of state management company. They sent me their policy that they pay in 30 to 45 days and will not pay any finance charges. I hate to give up the property because it is very visible and it can bring me other business, but I'm very leary of this new process. Am I being to paranoid ??

2. bushtrimmer

bushtrimmer LawnSite Senior Member

Seen threads b4 with no good things to say. Personally I've had bad experiences and won't do it again unless it's prepay and the $ is high enough. The management companies have to make money somehow and it is usually at our expense. And there is a huge amount of paperwork to do.

3. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 LawnSite Platinum Member

I do 2 Wal-Marts, the invoice each month has to be sent to Arkansas. I have no worries, I know Wal-Mart is not going bankrupt.

It's just something that you'll have to get over if you want to keep the property.

The way I get around it, is I tell them that I'm going to send an invoice at the beginning of the month for that month's work.

I have the property contracted for the mowing season, 6 months from May - October.

May 1st, the bill gets sent out, usually by June 10th I have my check, rather than waiting until May 31st, then waiting until July 10th to get a check.