Out of the closet

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Lockman, Feb 19, 2002.

1. Lockman

Lockman LawnSite Member

Ok it's time for me to quit lurking behind closed doors. I'm a locksmith at a mid sized university. I help with grounds care snowplowing and anything else that needs to be done .But since I'm the resident motorhead and country bumpkin I get to be heavily involved in new equiptment purchases. The information i've gleaned from you guys is incredible. For example we bought a aervator a-40 after reading good feedback on it from the forum. Also I purchased a lazer hp for my home use. 2.5 acres of lawn and four acres of pasture. I'd never have spent that much without the glowing reports from you guys. thanks again.

2. awm

awm LawnSite Gold Member

u set now bud. good luck

3. plow kid

plow kid Banned

Welcome to LawnSite.com!!!!!!, have fun on here and dont forget to search before you post a new thread.~NaTe

4. AndrewLawn

AndrewLawn LawnSite Member

wow, i thought this post was about something totally different, lol...:)

5. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

Welcome officially to the site. Congrats on the HP. If you like yours half as much as I do mine you will be very happy.

6. stslawncare

stslawncare LawnSite Bronze Member
    from DE

i thought this was gonna be something different too lol! welcome to lawnsite and post away.

7. bridges

bridges LawnSite Member
    from RI

Has any one seen the line for John Deere?

Looks like they tring to get some more biz. Are they still selling the yellow verison of the stand on mower? Or is just going to be in green. I know they are the same other than the colors.
    So would you buy the green or yellow? I guess that depends on how much you like green.

Tony

You know I wanted to start a new thread. I guess i did not finish reading this thread.:( :(

8. landman

landman LawnSite Member
    from NJ

John Deere is expanding, especially after purchasing Great Dane last year. I have talked to people and have been told that JD is going to really push the Commercial line.

9. AGG Lawn Maintenance

AGG Lawn Maintenance LawnSite Senior Member
    from Elberon

Lockman Hey I'm glad you came out of the closet you feel better now? We're here for you man!!! If Jerry Springer can do it so can we. I can see it now Lawn Site.com talk show at noon!!! Just kidding Welcome Lockman. And all this time I thought you were a cop. :D

10. Lockman

Lockman LawnSite Member

Sorry guys but I knew i'd get your attention with that one. Just my warped humor.Was just at sensitivity training at work the other day and obviously I was n't paying attention. I admire your guys determination to be your own boss but if your ever looking for a change consider working for a universitys grounds crew. Great pay excellent benefits and free or half priced education for the kids(16.000 plus a year just for tuition ) Most schools require a 2 year degree but will accept experience as a substitute.