Out of the Loony Bin or Fashion Statement

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by rodfather, Oct 2, 2004.

1. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Well, next month in November I will turn 1/2 a century old. I figured by now I have seen just about everything while mowing full time for the past 11 years. Man, was I ever wrong.

Three of us pull into a development around 12 noon today we have been mowing for like 8 years now. I have 3 houses on one street there so I park my truck and trailer alongside the middle house. As I get out of the truck, I look across the street and an Oriental guy in his 50's I would guess is mowing his front yard with his Yardman push mower. As I am firing up my WB, he's coming towards us and is now at the edge of his property and only about 30 feet from us.

I stare at him and cannot believe my eyes (thank God I had 2 witnesses). He is wearing button down, top and bottom pajamas, they're white with blue polka dots. Then I look a little harder and I notice he has something on his head...it's one of those netting thing and shield people who have bee hives use. Now comes the best part.

Wanna guess what he has on his feet? His bedroom slippers right? Nope, try again. Sneaks? Wrong. Construction boots? Not even close. As God is my witness, he has on a pair of black leather cowboy boots with the cuffs of his pajama bottoms rolled up and stuffed inside the top of his boots. Yup, genuine Texas-style, kill 'em in the corner, **** roach killers. With these babies, you could scale a 10 foot chain link fence in under a NY minute and never break a sweat!!!

I have to admit, that really made my day this week. I just wish I had my camera with me today.

2. Ursushorribilus

Ursushorribilus LawnSite Member

You can tell alot about a man by the way he dresses - but we have a psychological/sociological collage here:) Actually, you have to admire someone with the courage and/or don't care what anyone thinks attitude to cruise through life in their own psychedelic world.

3. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

You never know Rod, he will eventually get tired of doing his lawn, and he may approach you to take over the cutting. Then you'll have the sheer pleasure of seeing him every week. ;)

4. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

I'm not setting foot on his property Jodi...I wonder what he wears when he goes food shopping? :dizzy:

5. olderthandirt

olderthandirt LawnSite Platinum Member
    from here

:bday: :bday: :bday: :bday: :bday: :bday: :bday: :bday: :bday:
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: