Out the window with the 1/3 rule.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by G. William Lamar, Nov 13, 2006.

1. G. William Lamar

G. William Lamar LawnSite Member

Hey, does anyone remember this thread from years ago?

They should repeat that one........................it had over 20,000 views.

It went on for over a year and I'm wondering how some made out with the advise.

2. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

3. theplantdoctor

theplantdoctor LawnSite Member

Well, the Turfdog is not dead yet!!
    Glad to see you back.
    Now maybe we can get back to some serious topics again.

BTW, I have that thread bookmarked and re-read every now and then. Too bad it went downhill.

Ken

4. lawnsbytim

lawnsbytim LawnSite Member

Holy cow - just spent the last 2 hours reading that thread. LOL

5. apowell18

apowell18 LawnSite Member

WOW;) ;) ;) :eek: :eek:

6. G. William Lamar

G. William Lamar LawnSite Member

Nah, ain't dead just yet...................another divorce(makes two) and a major beat-down from the judical system threw me for a loop. Hey, that's cool, as this time there where no kids involved.

I happened upon copies of the thread the other day while cleaning up the office...........a place I don't spend much time at. Dang, it was as thick as a book. I personally learned alot from that thread.

We should bring it back!

Cut out some of the bullshirt and go on with it......................it would be way too much work to start from scratch, especially since I don't want to reiterate alot of it.

But, and make no mistake about it, I could.

7. Josh.S

Josh.S LawnSite Bronze Member

So what was the sum of the thread about.. I'm sorry but I'm cutting much grass to sit on here for 2 hours reading an old thread...:laugh: :walking: :nono:

8. theplantdoctor

So..........what did you learn?
    Probably ONE of THE most informative threads that has ever been created here. Please make sure you separate the wheat from the chafe. There are many others here...........if you know where to look.

We MUST get this topic going again!
    If anyone is serious about growing their business then this is the topic that MUST be discussed.

Once you understand the science behind plant growth, I guarantee your business will expand, your prices will rise and your competition will be left in the dust.

It is November, does everyone have their cool season grass' "fuel tank" full??

Let's go.

Ken

9. theplantdoctor

Hey, tried to PM you last night, but it didn't go through. Keep thinking about you from time to time.

Ken

10. Az Gardener

Az Gardener LawnSite Gold Member

I only made it through page 11 all good information except for the whining.

I didn't get to a part about Potassium. Possibly it comes later in the thread? I am a big fan of the K here in the desert SW along with my Humic acids injected through my irrigation systems.

I am lucky enough to be in that top 25% for the majority of my clients.

BTW I really enjoyed you writing style, very entertaining. I especially liked the company name Ambivalent Lawn Service and slogan "If you don't care we don't either", or something to that effect.

Glad your back on site I will continue catching up on the old thread as time permits.

We are just getting started mowing our winter lawns here and putting up the holiday decorations.

I don't have all the free time my Midwestern and Northeastern brethren have but the first 11 pages was more entertaining than whats on the tube..