Out the window with the "one third rule"

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by GBCS, Aug 29, 2004.

1. GBCS

GBCS LawnSite Member
    from Texas

2. mbricker

mbricker LawnSite Senior Member

That was absolutely amazing! Where did this Garry go anyway? Is he still on here under another name? I notice he switched to Turfdog about halfway through. And if anyone on here ever drops in on another (un-named) lawn forum, you have probably read the ravings of some Phil who writes in a remarkable similar style--but without the ........

And did you notice MajorTom tried at least twice about pg 30 to shut this guy down, with persuasion not force? Took Sean until pg 57 to cut him off.
  3. BCSteel

BCSteel LawnSite Senior Member

Damn that guy is annoying! I only made it to page 10 before his constant implied belittling of everyone but himself was to much, my brother.
  4. GroundKprs

GroundKprs LawnSite Bronze Member

turfdog21 was one of a few with real knowledge and experience who have visited this site over the years. After a while they realize that their time is wasted on a gaggle of yard boys with inflated egos. Notice how so many spend their time attacking him - instead of trying to understand what he is saying. :confused:
  5. Eric 1

Eric 1 LawnSite Bronze Member

I left another forum because of a guy that sounds just like that idiot. Some of you i have seen there two.Is there a connection?
  6. kppurn

kppurn LawnSite Senior Member

It's a long thread, but there is actually some pretty useful information in there. The "science" of lawn care.
  7. GBCS

GBCS LawnSite Member
    from Texas

It seemed that Lawrence Stone knew the fert business pretty well, but he sure irritated a lot of folks on here.

LAWNS AND MOWER LawnSite Bronze Member

I agree. I for one got my feathers ruffled on this thread, but came to understand he made sense. Just didn't care for his approach sometimes. One thing that stuck in my head due to this thread was the 4-1-2 ratio when it comes to fertilizing. All I use now is 21-5-10 slow release fertilizer.
  9. woodycrest

woodycrest LawnSite Senior Member

THe best thread i ever read!!!
    i printed the whole thing out last year...a wealth of information there.
  10. fcl01

fcl01 LawnSite Member
    from OHIO

i had to quit at page 7. my brain started oozing out of my ears because i felt i was being mentally raped by that dude