Out with the old....In with the new

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by JimLewis, Mar 9, 2008.

1. JimLewis

JimLewis LawnSite Fanatic

Well, it was time for a website makeover. Here's how the old one looked.....

OldSite.jpg

2. JimLewis

And here is the new look;

www.lewislandscape.com

So what do y'all think? Any comments? Did I misspell anything? Anything look wrong?

3. Atlantic Lawn

Atlantic Lawn LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from Outer Banks NC

Looks very well laid out, easy to navigate. Not too busy and good photos in gallery. Is this your work or a design co ? Spelling and grammar look good as well. Can you bold your number on all pages ?

4. JimLewis

We have a graphic designer who does all of our door hangers, newsletters, cards, etc. Turns out she also does websites. She and I worked together on this new site but she's the one who made it look so nice.

I am going to work on the phone number thing. That didn't turn out nearly as big as I wanted it.

5. IN2MOWN

IN2MOWN LawnSite Platinum Member

Looks good Jim. Not to "busy" and easy to find your way around. You do some really great work.

6. Atlantic Lawn

Atlantic Lawn LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from Outer Banks NC

I think the phone number size is ok, it's just not bold on the back pages.

7. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

Very nice with an easy to navigate feel and flow to it!

8. echeandia

echeandia LawnSite Bronze Member

It looks good. My only suggestion would be to consolidate the navigation menu to fewer choices. When there are that many choices there is always overlap which can result in confusion.

9. Roger

Roger LawnSite Fanatic

I picked some of the photos in the galleries. I didn't go through them all, but found a few in the "Before/After" section that didn't fit the screen. They were too large, and required using the slider on the bottom and right side to view the entire image. Other places, the images nearly fit, but still needed a bit of "sliding" to see the full image. Some others, the entire image fit the window fine. Apparently, all the images are not the same.

This is a well done project that required much work on the part of the designer, and you to provide the information and materials. It is clear it is not "home grown," and projects a quality company image.

10. Howard Roark

Howard Roark LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

Looks very nice...fine job!

I didn't proofread everything but those minor details can be fixed if they come up as you go along.