1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Out with the old, In with the new!

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by PaulJ, Feb 6, 2003.

1. PaulJ

PaulJ LawnSite Bronze Member

It's official. I have ordered the new cards. I have been making my own at home with an old label program. It worked OK I just never got the logo to look quit right.
    So I had a professional re do it and now I have an official logo I an use on my cards, paper work, truck, website(also under construction), shirts and hats.

See if you can tell which one is the old one and which is new.

2. PaulJ

Ok. Here's the other one.

under the line of grass it has my phone number,,then says "Complete Lawn Maintenance",
    then name and mailing address, and last line is my web site and e-mail all centered

What do ya' think?

groundskeeper logo.jpg
  3. kppurn

kppurn LawnSite Senior Member

I like it! I'm assuming the second one is the new design? It looks very professional.

By the way, is that your daughter in your avatar? She's a little cutie! You must be proud.
  4. grshppr

grshppr LawnSite Senior Member

I'm guessing it would be the first. Very nice card. I like cards that aren't too busy, all it really needs to say is what you do, who you are, and how to contact you.
  5. PaulJ

The second one is the new logo. I wanted less tree because I don't do much tree work. nothing I can't reach from the ground.
    I wanted to simplify it.

The new cards do have under the line of grass

my cell phone number
    Complete Lawn Maintenance
    Paul Arens mailing address home phone
    my web site e-mail

Yes that is our little Josie. She's about 1and1/2 when that was taken about a year ago.

I am finaly figuring out how to scan and resize and popst pictures.
  6. PaulJ

Here's the whole new card.

Looked into getting t-shirts and hats with the logo today.
    Working more on the website this tonight:D

Been giving a few bids, signed up a coupel for the season, and even got one pre-paid fertilizer program.:D

I'm starting to get pumped for the season.
    My wife is getting really tired of listening to me talk about nothing but lawns:rolleyes: :)

business card design jepg.jpg
  7. Arc Burn

Arc Burn LawnSite Member

I think i would be puttin that avatar photo on there to,who could say no to that face:angel:
  8. PaulJ

If the weather warms up bit , she might go with me to hand out fliers. :) :angel: "Please hire my Daddy to mow your lawn."

Think that might work for a marketing stradegy?:laugh: